SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!? Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
South Park did an outstanding parody- google “gay fish”.

You’re welcome...

Season 13, episode 5 "Fishsticks"
to be followed by Season 17, episode 10 "The Hobbit" also starring Kanye. They are fantastic, I made my coworkers watch them just this weekend. Even if you don't care for SouthPark, those two episodes are worth a watch.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Like Kanye West? It isn’t working for me.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Let me guess, about to release a new album or tour dates there Kanye?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's so fucked up. I give my honest opinion that the guy is an asshole and I don't listen to anything he says, no matter what he says, and I actually had a member asking me if I don't want this fucking halfwit to "reach" the black community, then deleted the stupid shit.

Ridiculous thread. Really.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's so fucked up. I give my honest opinion that the guy is an asshole and I don't listen to anything he says, no matter what he says, and I actually had a member asking me if I don't want this fucking halfwit to "reach" the black community, then deleted the stupid shit.

If the black community starts taking its social and moral cues from Kanye West, then "It's so fucked up" doesn't even scratch the surface.

The real tragedy is how polarized this country has become.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I truly believe that there is something wrong with Kanye West. He has a very troubled mind. And maybe that is what you have to have to be a great artist but it is not the kind of mind that I want to take political advice from. His brain simply doesn't work like a normal persons.

I worked a tour with Kanye West on it. Para is absolutely right when he says that Kanye is one of the most conceited individuals ever to walk the earth and I have been around a lot of conceited individuals. I agree with what Kanye is saying on the video but I am not sure that he truly understands or believes in what he is saying. Sometimes I think he just says words without understanding any of them.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I often try to disengage from you in threads where we disagree for many reasons. I had thought that you deleting you prior rolleyes and me subsequently deleting the post where I said I had thought better of it had us at an understanding, of sorts.

If Any ghetto thug decides to listen to Kanye on this, and then subsequently Candace Owens, and then quite possibly Milo Yiannopolous after that and happen to have a free thought about it, I am willing to cheer that opportunity. Kanye West is a fucked-up individual. But. If the fucked up people who already listen to him happen to listen to him on the few things he's right about that could help, rather than further hurt race relations, I can't fault that. I don't find that stupid shit.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, whatever. I haven't asked one single thing of you in this thread. Nothing.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You're right. I'm just saying I'm not trying to pick any shit with you here in any way.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Kanye West is less than nothing to me but if he is willing to take the lib's heat by backing a solid black conservative like Candace Owens I'm not going to tell him to fuck off.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...ace-owens-moment.php

Owens uses a theme from the movie The Matrix to urge young people to “take the red pill” and become conservatives like her. She has even had the courage to take on the Black Lives Matter movement.

Yesterday morning, Kanye West tweeted his approval of Candace:

I love the way Candace Owens thinks

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 21, 2018

That caused the Left to go insane. Most of our readers (like me) probably know little about West, but he is highly influential among a broad segment of African-Americans and young people generally. His apostasy could not go unpunished. Reportedly, Adidas is contemplating canceling West’s shoe contract. But to his credit, West hasn’t backed down. These are among his many tweets of the last day and a half:

People demonize people and then they demonize anybody who sees anything positive in someone whose been demonized

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 22, 2018

The thought police want to suppress freedom of thought

Constantly bringing up the past keeps you stuck there

This is in line with Owens’ critique of Black Lives Matter.

there was a time when slavery was the trend and apparently that time is still upon us. But now it's a mentality.

self victimization is a disease

It is hard to imagine the pressures that are being brought to bear on Kanye West, an immensely successful businessman. Openly parting company with Black Lives Matter and the racial left could cost him a great deal of money along with subjecting him to ceaseless calumny. Time will tell whether he can stand up to the bullying of the Left.

But I’m pretty sure Candace Owens isn’t going to crumble. This is some of what she has had to say lately:

Kanye West tweets 7 words and leftists rush to smear me as far-right & anti-LGBT. So what terrified them?
The truth did. The left is losing control of their blacks. Ready to be awakened? Watch the truth about my journey off the plantation w/ @RubinReport. https://t.co/YviWe4PQk0 pic.twitter.com/GcN35gBoIa

— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) April 21, 2018

Left-wing media have been attacking Owens furiously, while describing her as a “far right” figure:

Racist. White Supremacist. Homophobe. Alt-Right. Sexist. Misogynist. Crazy

Your words aren’t strong enough.

Buzzfeed. The Wrap. DailyMail. Mediaite. Complex. Twitter. Yahoo

Your whips aren’t long enough. #MindUnleashed

— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) April 22, 2018

Not quite sure how she qualifies as a “white supremacist,” but logic is not just optional on the Left, it is forbidden.

Far right? Allow me to clarify: I believe the black community can do it without hand-outs. I believe the Democrats have strapped us to our past to prevent us from our futures. And I won’t stop fighting until all black Americans see that.
I’m not far right—I’m free. pic.twitter.com/wtqCuYPtM2

— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) April 21, 2018

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
uh...NO

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The black community is well aware that Kanye is insane...I seriously doubt they take him seriously.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
South Park did an outstanding parody- google “gay fish”.

I remember that. Skewers him dead center.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
He's an asshat for sure, but he loves his signed MAGA hat:

link

And Candace Owens is now famous thanks to the "hat tip" by Kanye.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once despised everything about Donald Trump as well...

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
That brought a smile to my face.
That's why I used the term "asshat". Wink

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
If 10% of black voting dems were to switch sides the rats are done. Kim K is backing Kayne on twitter and for some unknown to me reason, she is a trend setter. This forum is not the target group but I think we should support anyone advocating for President Trump.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I remember when he met up w/ Trump in the lobby of a hotel (pre election?). The media took a bunch of pictures while Trump said some positive words. Kanye just stood there w/ his mouth open. Didn't say a thing. Just stood there like he had never had his photo taken. It was like wax museum Kanye.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is simple. He’s a troubled guy. If you hold him up as an example of anything, shame on you.

You know he’s going to melt down again eventually, or do a 180 and change everything he said. Him having anyone’s ear is not a good thing. I don’t care that today he says things I like. Tomorrow he’ll be saying some stupid and destructive stuff...’cause crazy.

Either way, if you hold a grenade up, don’t act surprised when it blows up in your face.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post