SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!? Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
That honeymoon is over. The guy is nuts.

The guy has always been nuts, but you won't unring that bell.

Imagine you're attempting to get Republican voters to switch sides. What do you have to offer? Now imagine you're attempting to get Democrat voters to switch sides? More there to temp them with, no?

Kanye got some of his fans to take a closer look. That's a plus for our side. Period. Non-debatable. He got a bunch of those who generally blindly vote Democrat to look at what the Republicans have to offer.

Who cares if he's nuts? Who cares if he's back and forth? All I care about is net movement right. I'll take every vote I can get to switch. It doesn't matter what he does, he's not getting more votes for the Democrats. The majority of his fan base is already voting that way. If just one of his fans moved to our side, that's good. But I suspect that number is higher than one.

What's the downside? What's the complaint?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I think he could easily end up getting more votes for the Dems. Just my take on it. He is a crazy dude, and idiots might just take his most recent comments and run with them. I think his handlers have been telling him what to say, based on real-time sneaker revenues.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
You gotta spend money to make money.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
The guy is all about image and money, and has no idea one day to the next, what he is really saying. I do not believe he can think past the next 15 minutes. He likely has a good agent and good handlers, that know how to milk every last dollar from his fame. I do not feel he will have any net effect on the election.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
I think he could easily end up getting more votes for the Dems. Just my take on it. He is a crazy dude, and idiots might just take his most recent comments and run with them. I think his handlers have been telling him what to say, based on real-time sneaker revenues.

Haven't met many rappers, have you?

I love hip-hop but don't much care for this guy, but what rappers are aren't - as a group - is inclined to be beholden to anyone. These dudes are from the ghetto streets, most often, and they'll no more sign some contract that has them over the barrel and beholden to "the man" than they'll quit rapping and enter seminary school. And ones much, much less successful than Kanye are more likely to piss off everyone and die poor than to sell out like that.

Generally speaking. I don't know West, but I've met and been around 100 or so rappers.

He's just weird, and unstable / untreated, and rich as fuck, and an attention whore, married to one of the biggest attention whores on the planet, with a psycho family, and with an ego the size of Texas, and as many sycophants and yes men as he can stand to be around.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

I love hip-hop but don't much care for this guy, but what rappers are aren't - as a group - is inclined to be beholden to anyone. These dudes are from the ghetto streets, most often, and they'll no more sign some contract that has them over the barrel and beholden to "the man" than they'll quit rapping and enter seminary school. And ones much, much less successful than Kanye are more likely to piss off everyone and die poor than to sell out like that.

Generally speaking. I don't know West, but I've met and been around 100 or so rappers.

He's just weird, and unstable / untreated, and rich as fuck, and an attention whore, married to one of the biggest attention whores on the planet, with a psycho family, and with an ego the size of Texas, and as many sycophants and yes men as he can stand to be around.

Yes, I have. And I agree with your last sentence 100%. I doubt his manager (Scooter Braun) is a sycophant.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Kanye West is the son of a doctor and an AJC photographer. He grew up comfortably middle class. He went to an art college initially to be a painter. He wasn’t exactly slinging dope on the mean streets to survive.

I don’t think I’ve been around 100 rappers but unless those 100 or so you’ve been around are Grammy award winning artists with multiple platinum albums and large recording contracts with major record labels then it’s not really a fair comparison. I’ve been working in the entertainment industry for almost 2 decades now and I’ll tell you that even if they do start out in the “ghetto streeets”, huge record deals and money have a way of changing people.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post