Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blankets Login/Join 
posted
I have been looking to purchase a nice blanket or quilt. I remember a thread here where someone was purchasing one as a gift and you guys had some great ideas. I've searched and can't find the thread. Can someone help? Thank you.

Posts: 158 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Pendelton is what I bought when in the market.

Not sorry at all.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Yep! Pendleton makes a really, really nice blanket. My sister lives in WA & she's gotten three for me over the years.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hudson.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Faribault Mills, local business that makes damn fine blankets. I have one that is likely 50 years old, another that is >25, and several that are 15 years old now.

Pendleton makes very nice blankets as well, own a couple of those too. Beautiful southwestern patterns on those.

Did I mention it gets cold?

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sherpa Throw Luxury Blanket - Amazon.com

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
we got a down comforter from my mom that she got from The Company Store

it's super duper warm

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as always Roll Eyes
whats your price range?

$250-$450
$500- $850
$900- $1200
$1200-$1500
$1500-$2000

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
as always Roll Eyes
whats your price range?

$250-$450
$500- $850
$900- $1200
$1200-$1500
$1500-$2000

$2000 blankets? Does it come with hookers?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Do yourself a favor and also check out an authentic wool Swiss Army Surplus wool blanket ($120) and also a wool Italian Military Officers blanket ($50). Very high quality and a fraction of the cost of a Pendleton.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My ex (certifiably crazy as she is - with the drugs to prove it, hand made quilts. She made three in the 18 months we were together, and left them all.

My wife now loves them and places their value around $1,000 ( they're all three queen size).

A good, handmade quilt is not cheap and can easily become family heirlooms.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use PolarFleece blankets from LL Bean. Light, warm and easy to care for.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
Do yourself a favor and also check out an authentic wool Swiss Army Surplus wool blanket ($120) and also a wool Italian Military Officers blanket ($50). Very high quality and a fraction of the cost of a Pendleton.

And you buy them where...?

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Faribault Mills, local business that makes damn fine blankets. I have one that is likely 50 years old, another that is >25, and several that are 15 years old now.

Pendleton makes very nice blankets as well, own a couple of those too. Beautiful southwestern patterns on those.

Did I mention it gets cold?

The Faribaults look very nice and a good buy. Makes me wish I needed some more wool blankets (I don't). You seem to have a number of them. Question: how do you care for them off season, or otherwise in storage? I'm thinking risk of moth damage.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Pendleton. I bought one of the National Parks blankets years back, the Glacier NP pattern. Still working very well.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filson wool blanket. One of the heaviest weight wool blanket you can get.

https://www.filson.com/mackinaw-blanket.html

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
My ex (certifiably crazy as she is - with the drugs to prove it, hand made quilts. She made three in the 18 months we were together, and left them all.

My wife now loves them and places their value around $1,000 ( they're all three queen size).

A good, handmade quilt is not cheap and can easily become family heirlooms.

I was fortunate to inherit some old time quilts from a deceased aunt. They are heavy, and I treasure them very much. I grew up sleeping in an unheated upstairs bedroom, and would sometimes have 3 old time handmade quilts on my bed to stay warm.

My parents didn't trust the electric blankets back then, so they were verbotten, I grew used to a heavy layer when I slept in the winter.

I have no use for fleece blankets or comforters, and to this day still use handmade Quilts, I have about 7 of them.

I can't offer any advice toward a good blanket for the OP, but in my opinion, a quality quilt cannot be beat.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I use PolarFleece blankets from LL Bean. Light, warm and easy to care for.

Fleece is cheaper, easier to care for, lighter & just as warm as an equal thickness of wool; but there's just something about the heavy weight of wool blankets that makes you feel warm.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:

And you buy them where...?

Ebay currently has several for some great prices from various reputable sellers. The key is to get real surplus NOT “surplus style”.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Not a blanket expert but the smaller ones in our living room are all sherpa and cannot be beat for instant warmth. Don't think we paid over twenty bucks for any of them.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post