SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is This Really an Accomplishment?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This Really an Accomplishment? Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread. I never dreamed kids had a graduation from kindergarten, day care or whatever. From elementary school to middle school? From middle school to high school? Never heard of such a thing. I remember two graduations in my lifetime. High school and College. That was more than enough.

This has to be all about the parents. Like someone mentioned earlier, a photo-op. As if they don't have enough photos taken of these kids as it is. I have a four year old granddaughter who has had twice as many photos taken in her first four years than I have had in my whole damn 70 years! Smile

Oh well.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The kids aren't the ones who have this stupid idea- it's the adults that are doing this stupid shit

+1

I did not attend my son's kindergarten "graduation, but my wife did. She said it was stupid as hell, just parents falling all over themselves trying to out maneuver the other for the best photo, having to listen to countless bullshit lines like "my Buffy is oh so thriving and the most awesome!". Plus my son said it was not fun at all because they all had to dress up nice and skip the day's recess for this bullshit.

We both skipped his 5th grade graduation because of work commitments, but it was the same exact deal as kindergarten. I missed his 8th grade graduation, which I did not consider a big deal, because hey, he has to move on to the 9th grade, right? But I did cancel a client meeting to attend my son's high school ceremony, because I always said I would not miss that one, since it is a rite of passage from childhood to adulthood in America. And I will attend his college graduation because I paid too much money not to.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
By the time a student leaves the 12th grade, they will "graduate" four or five times. Here, the have a cap and gown ceremony at each of the following grade level-
At the end of Pre-school- Cap and gown.
At the end of kindergarten- Cap and gown.
At the end of sixth grade- Cap and gown.
At the end of eighth grade- Cap and gown.
And if they make to it to 12th- Cap and gown.

I think it is ridiculous myself. At each occasion, the family shows up in their best Dale Earnhardt T shirts, and the kid gets a diploma.

Only cap and gown I have worn was at my high school graduation. I am 53 yrs old.

What a joke!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post