SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is This Really an Accomplishment?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This Really an Accomplishment? Login/Join 
Picture of Airpusher
posted
Tonight my wife attended a Kindergarten "graduation." Seriously? A graduation? Last night she attended a pre-K "graduation." Like you can NOT get out of pre-school? Gowns, caps and the works. (shakes head in disbelief)

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You gotta be kidding me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Photo-op

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Headstart has had graduations for years. For some individuals this is their terminal degree and only graduation ceremony.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I went to a "private" kindergarten. We had a graduation. This was in the mid 70's. I still have the class picture. A lot of those kids I went all the way through school with, K-12.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Hey, the makers of graduation robes gotta get paid.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Everybody gets a trophy....

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
How ridiculous

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
About as impressive as graduating from any joke of a high school now.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I went to Ms Hazels for kindergarten in a small town in south Louisiana in 1966. Ms Hazel seemed pretty old to me, and my mom told me that she looked the same when my mom went to her for kindergarten- tha would have been in 1934.

And Ms Hazel had a kindergarten graduation ceremony.

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Photo-op
I think that's probably it. Cute photos of your kid in cap and gown.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
By the time a student leaves the 12th grade, they will "graduate" four or five times. Here, the have a cap and gown ceremony at each of the following grade level-
At the end of Pre-school- Cap and gown.
At the end of kindergarten- Cap and gown.
At the end of sixth grade- Cap and gown.
At the end of eighth grade- Cap and gown.
And if they make to it to 12th- Cap and gown.

I think it is ridiculous myself. At each occasion, the family shows up in their best Dale Earnhardt T shirts, and the kid gets a diploma.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's just fine, if alcohol is involved.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
It's just fine, if alcohol is involved.

is there any other way?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I'd say it's more for the parents.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
They're little kids. I kind of enjoyed my daughter's Kinder graduation. No big deal and a good opportunity to see other parents etc.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hardly a new occurrence. I did it back in 1970. There were no gowns, but we had construction paper mortar boards and blue Ditto copied diplomas.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
It's cute and the parent love it. The kids won't remember it next week. What's the big deal?

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This country is ridiculous with its obsession with graduation ceremonies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Might be the only thing some of this kids will ever graduate from.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post