Find
Notify
Tools

Earth Day Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
match day.....will return said lead pellets back to Mother Earth while refreshing the atmosphere with gaseous by-products of smokeless powder ignition

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I'm going to see if I can find a Nuke the Whales rally.

Don't forget the baby seal clubbing contest. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
"Nuke the Gay Whales! " The only funnier bumpersticker was "Honk if you've never seen an Uzi fired out the window of a moving car."

I'll try shoot sporting clays. And visit the butterfly garden in Victoria, TX.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to leave all of the light on in my house the whole day, and I'm hosting a tire-burning party in the back yard.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Punch a dirty hippie (note I do not condone white supremacy)

I love the juxtaposition of the "Jesus will judge you" shirt

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I wonder what Ira Einhorn will be doing.

http://www.independentsentinel...despicable-murderer/

More pictures here:
https://www.documentingreality...icorn-killer-149486/

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Not sure what he'll be doing, but I will be distributing a truck load of cigarette butts on the beaches.

Maybe fire up the boat, it has a 150hp 2 stroke, so that should be nice.

Burn a tire or two, who knows? The week is young, time to ruminate.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
Not sure what he'll be doing, but I will be distributing a truck load of cigarette butts on the beaches.

Maybe fire up the boat, it has a 150hp 2 stroke, so that should be nice.

Burn a tire or two, who knows? The week is young, time to ruminate.

Your post reminded me:

I'm going to deposit a shit load of these on my local beach:

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
In times past my neighbor would come over and ask us to cut off all use of gas and electricity for the day. But for some reason he stopped asking us. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
You guys are awful. I on the other hand am going to fertilize my lawn, wash my car in the driveway (may change the oil myself too, not sure yet), Fire up the charcoal smoker to deal with a briskit, burn my brush pile of downed winter branches before my guests come over to sit by the wood-fire, listen to swamp-rock on the outdoor speakers and drink Pendleton whiskey out of red plastic cups.

See, you can be nice, get some things done and still feel good about yourself.

Posts: 6394 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Tire bonfire.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had a whale meat sandwich on the very first Earth Day in 1970. I was in Anchorage for training from home station up next to Fairbanks, some of us guys went to a celebration with no clue what to expect.

All I remember is having a whale meat sandwich. Is that now a federal crime?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

All I remember is having a whale meat sandwich. Is that now a federal crime?

No but it should be and that's got nothing to do with earth day. It tastes like pus. I suspect you can't remember anymore than you do was because you were in a coma.

Posts: 6394 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

I love this clip!! I have seen others where she has an empty wine bottle by the neck in her hand. Wonder what she was going to do with that? Turn some water into wine or maybe "whine".

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Let the '95 Suburban idle all day long.

Leave all the lights in the house on.

Fire up the coal stove.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
In times past my neighbor would come over and ask us to cut off all use of gas and electricity for the day. But for some reason he stopped asking us. Smile

Are you bullshitting us? Someone really did that?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Just came to me!

It's salmon season and I need to melt some lead to make 2.5# balls.

What better day than earf day.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

I love this clip!! I have seen others where she has an empty wine bottle by the neck in her hand. Wonder what she was going to do with that? Turn some water into wine or maybe "whine".

RMD

Isn't there a proverb or something?

"Everyone's tough until they get punched in the fucking face"... or something?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Are you bullshitting us? Someone really did that?

No BS (my neighbor is from Berkeley Smile)

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If my wife gives me the day off, I am going to go look at a B-17. May even go for a ride.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post