SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NC police officers I have a quick question
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NC police officers I have a quick question Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
BCS, that sounds good. How do I move it? Can you shoot me an email?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent

Posts: 31 | Location: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: November 12, 2012Report This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
How should I proceed?

Every jurisdiction is different so I can't give useful details. If you were going to court in MY jurisdiction I know exactly how things would go but the next county over things are done differently... let alone another state.

One thing I CAN say is that every court, especially traffic court, is used to people who have never been there before. Everything will be explained including the possible consequences of different courses of action. If it's a criminal offense you'll be given a chance to talk to a lawyer before deciding.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Are there ticket lawyers in your state? If so, they're usually worth the money.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I was cited for hitting multiple letters which I did not do. The way the law is written they can still get me for looking at my phone so it doesn't really matter.

Mike, It is a moving violation so it can still impact my insurance rate correct?

It says in the statute that it does not hit your DL points or Insurance points....I would never call my insurance company if i got a ticket for anything..
If they don't find it, they can only ding you for 3 years from the time of the ticket..if they don't know then they can't ding your rates...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post