SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ~*~Rapid/Unexplained Weight Loss reasons~*~
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Rapid/Unexplained Weight Loss reasons~*~ Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Here's "the rest of the Story"...

WHen I was in the Army I got to a point where I was running an average of 10-13 miles per day and got so thin like now that. I ended up getting 2 meal cards to eat more. I was simply burning more calories than I could take in. I would run before PT to warm up, run with my unit, run afterwards to cool down and the run and work out after work. I also would swim and work out in the gym 4-5 days per week. I didn't workout on weekends but did still run. I was later told the I was "trying to run away from my grief" by a councellor. I met a girl while running and she was tragically killed by a drunk driver the night I had planned to make her my fiance. I was 19 or 20 at the time. Instead of turning to the bottle or drugs I ran.

Additionally, I was born 52 years ago at 4# 13oz. Back then that weught was "He's going to die" scary small. Because of this I have had birth defects that I wasn't aware of until later in life. One of them being dental issues. I currently need to get a complete lower denture. So my dental issues certainly may be a contributing factor. Another birth defect is an Arnold Chiari malformation that causes migraine like headaches. Many times I hurt so bad that I can't eat without throwing up. I live with some kind of headache everyday. However, this has been going on for 20+ years. So I'm not sure this is a factor.

I purposely didn't mention the above not to mislead you guys or lie by omission but I wanted to see what medical issues that you guys might have come up with BEFORE making the waters cloudy with the issues that are harder to diagnose, the mental aspect and the 53 year old birth defects. BTW, I don't think I am suppressing and feelings or grieving anything that I can think of. But days a crazy peron THINK they're carzy? Big Grin

THanks again for all your help and keep the ideas coming. It certainly can't hurt.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
Here's "the rest of the Story"...

< snip >

THanks again for all your help and keep the ideas coming. It certainly can't hurt.

I was almost right.

More beer is part of the answer, but you need to add more donuts along with more bacon for a truly balanced diet.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
When my wife died 4 1/2 yrs. ago my eating habits changed. I only eat one good meal a day, the rest is snacking. 6 months after she died I had lost 35 lbs. So changing eating habits can result in weight loss.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:

Did this include a Thyroid panel? T3, T4, and TSH? Screened by an Endocrinologist? In 1994 I was diagnosed with Graves/Hyperthyroidism, it was caught by this after a rapid loss of weight being an indicator along with some other symptoms.

I second the thyroid testing and most doctors will not test for it unless there is a concern. Have them do a TSH, T3 and T4. I had the opposite symptoms, weight gain and sluggishness over the last couple years, and was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. It took going to a different Dr for him to recognize the symptoms.

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
I'll donate some of my fat to you...

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post