SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DirecTV Now Beta App..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DirecTV Now Beta App.. Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
So I've had DirecTV Now beta app for a couple weeks. I have it through Amazon fire which they told me is not in full development yet so I'm still waiting for some other features of the app to become available.
So far I like it. The guide is more comprehensive and easier to read. The dvr is a bit cumbersome and needs some work to make it easier to use but at least it's a dvr. Right now you have to go to the guide and highlight something that is scheduled but not yet airing. Click on it and it will set it to record. No feature for setting times or to record a entire series so it's pretty bare bones right now.

So far I think it's pretty good. Any body who wants to cut the cable give DirecTv Now a look they have a very good channel line up. My regular app has HBO and the Beta app came with Starz. I really like the Starz Encore western channel. Lots of the good old westerns from the 50's and 60's

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I have Direct TV now and I am running the beta on my Apple TV. I have not put many hours on it yet but will this week. I will try out the new cloud DVR and see how it does. The base direct TV now service has been flawless on Apple TV and two fire sticks

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1736 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrw:
I have Direct TV now and I am running the beta on my Apple TV. I have not put many hours on it yet but will this week. I will try out the new cloud DVR and see how it does. The base direct TV now service has been flawless on Apple TV and two fire sticks

I couldn't be happier. I got in on the ground floor and got the introductory offer with over 100 channels for $37 a month. Plus their On Demand content is quite extensive. Way more than I need or will watch. Before that my Direct TV satellite bill was about $150 a month.
Btw sent you a email in regards to knives.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post