SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jefferson Memorial Defaced
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jefferson Memorial Defaced Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
The words "Rapist & Racist" were spray-painted on his statue in Charlottesville, VA.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...a-his-275th-birthday

--------

A statue of the nation's third president at the university he founded was vandalized Friday.

At the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, a statue of a seated Thomas Jefferson had the words "racist + rapist" scrawled in red spray paint on what would be his 275th birthday.

The Jefferson home, Monticello, lies a short distance on the other side of Interstate 64 from campus.

Jefferson has drawn criticism as the nationwide controversy over public statuary gained steam.

He was known to own slaves, and is rumored to have fathered a child with a servant named Sally Hemings.

A university spokesperson slammed the defacement of Jefferson's statue, telling the Washington Post that UVA "recognizes the complexities of Thomas Jefferson's legacy and continues to explore them fully and honestly."

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Oh Jesus Christ... when does this crap end?

How about we start digging into the past of all of these protestors and start pasting their records for all to see.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I am reminded of 1930s Germany.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
A university spokesperson slammed the defacement of Jefferson's statue, telling the Washington Post that UVA "recognizes the complexities of Thomas Jefferson's legacy and continues to explore them fully and honestly."
Is that what represents "slamming" something. What a joke. Whoever did this should have their head placed on a pike in front of Monticello as a cautionary warning for other morons who might consider doing something so stupid.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Seems as if Virginia is trying pretty hard to catch up with California.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Is that what represents "slamming" something. What a joke. Whoever did this should have their head placed on a pike in front of Monticello as a cautionary warning for other morons who might consider doing something so stupid.

It was a spineless answer. It reminded me of Mitch McConnell.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I am reminded of 1930s Germany.

Yes, but the gubbermint was in charge in Germany when those signs were going up! All these radical black groups in this country have no concept what the outcome would be if they push it to the point that mass violence breaks out.

It will most likely get very violent, and bloody, in very short order. And they will not like the outcome.

I remember way back when as the black protestors had gotten tired of trashing and burning DC and headed up Georgia avenue for Maryland.

They were met by policemen, elbow to elbow across Georgia avenue right on the border. The police were armed with shotguns.

Crowd decided there had to be a better way, and went back to downtown DC for some more fun.

Blacks are approximately 11-12% of our population. Just how much hell can they raise against those of us who have zero patience for their shit, and will use lethal force to defend ourselves and our property.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Only in a few areas.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
You'll notice these cowards have stopped attacking real people or blocking their progress in vehicles- it only takes a few of them plowing through a crowd of rioters to take the fun out of that. But a monument...they don't fight back.

There will soon come an incident where a real American snaps and removes a bunch of these turds from the environment; it is exactly what the criminal left wants to happen...sacrificing the pawns to gain an advantage.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15546 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
So what would happen if someone de-faced a MLK statue?

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The school ought to leave it like that and feature a picture on it's web page. You know, so parents can see the atmosphere of where they might send their kid.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:

Seems to me the first owners of Black slaves were Black slave owners. So maybe that's where they should start their acts of vengance.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

thats too subtle a point and it will go waaaaay over the heads of most blacks that are protesting about the inequalities....but they're just noisemakers...nothing else to offer

they don't realize, and likely never will that they are their own worst enemy

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Im suprised they could pull that off on a memorial in DC, arent those pretty well guarded/monitored?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Im suprised they could pull that off on a memorial in DC, arent those pretty well guarded/monitored?

It is a statue in Charlottesville, VA, where UVA is located.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Ah, my bad, all I saw was Jefferson Memorial and just assumed.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Ah, my bad, all I saw was Jefferson Memorial and just assumed.

lol- I've been there and done that myself.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:

That is a key remark. You know what will happen. All the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jackson will be marching for a pay-off, government agencies will be investigating hate crimes, etc.

I can give them all that but the lack of reciprocity in response from the government and the general public is alarming.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
An avatar this big:

Please resize to 60X60.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Seems as if Virginia is trying pretty hard to catch up with California.

Not so much, over in my end of the state, but the NoVa area is becoming overrun with liberals. And unfortunately, they're spreading southward.

God bless America.

Posts: 13482 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post