SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
She could read any of the anecdotes here, and die of uncontrollable laughter and indigestion.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
How about a trip to Mars? She's been in stasis so long, she could have gone there and back already.

Posts: 10828 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
How about a trip to a Chinese mall that features alot of escalators....

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bungee jumping

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is all misdirection - they’re reporting that she was injured and is recovering in a hospital so everyone will believe she’s been seen by doctors who agreed she was alive. Suckers.

Posts: 989 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roller derby?

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Wingsuit skydiving

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Gator wrasslin’

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Well, when the old hag does kick the bucket I remember a question that Mitch McConnell got a few weeks back. He was asked about RBG and what if she retired, and would he recommend that Trump appoint a conservative or liberal. Mitch actually started to laugh and said "what do you think? Of course I want a conservative." Duh. The look on that reporters face was priceless.

I think she actually believed that Trump would appoint a liberal just to honor her...or something??? These guys live in a dream world.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
I heard that “doing what she loves” is dying of pneumonia.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Well, when the old hag does kick the bucket I remember a question that Mitch McConnell got a few weeks back. He was asked about RBG and what if she retired, and would he recommend that Trump appoint a conservative or liberal. Mitch actually started to laugh and said "what do you think? Of course I want a conservative." Duh. The look on that reporters face was priceless.

I think she actually believed that Trump would appoint a liberal just to honor her...or something??? These guys live in a dream world.
There are a great many folk (Liberals) who think the makeup of the Supreme Court is a static thing and that replacements should mirror the political leanings of the one being replaced. They are very much deluded, of course--that has never been a criterion in place, as Presidents always choose whomever is closest to their own stance that they think can be confirmed by the Senate.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

There are a great many folk (Liberals) who think the makeup of the Supreme Court is a static thing and that replacements should mirror the political leanings of the one being replaced. They are very much deluded, of course--that has never been a criterion in place, as Presidents always choose whomever is closest to their own stance that they think can be confirmed by the Senate.

flashguy

They only think it's static when conservatives are making appointments.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Buzzards are impatiently waiting too. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
America would be much better off without Ginsburg on the bench. I hope that her tenure ends in the next two years so that President Trump can nominate a candidate to replace her.

I don’t wish a painful death on anyone, although I did get a few chuckles out of some of your responses. Smile It would be nice if she realized that she was no longer of useful service to her country and retired. As much as I think her political, religious, and ethical values are despicable, she is still just a sinner like all of us. So instead of casting my stone (as much as I want to) I look forward to her retirement and her replacement.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy

They only think it's static when conservatives are making appointments.

Can you just imagine BHO appointing a staunch constitutional originalist to the court? They’ve already talked about packing the court to offset Trump nominations.

The reported was either an idiot or intellectually dishonest. I suppose it could’ve been both.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
I wonder how Justice Antonin Scalia would react to the news of her falling and breaking three ribs.
He would likely be extremely sad, because he and Justice Ginsburg were very close friends, and had been so ever since they first worked together on the DC Circuit.

After Justice Scalia died, his son put together a book that was a collection of Scalia's speeches, titled "Scalia Speaks." His son asked Justice Ginsburg to write the forward, because she and Scalia were such good friends.

That book is excellent, by the way.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cry me a river

Meanwhile, the United States continues to deteriorate. But ahh, that's no great concern, is it? No, it isn't. Not in the face of a friendship between two people, it isn't. After all, the Supreme Court has no influence over the course of this nation, so you guys just stop being meanies and leave Ruthie alone. She's not doing any harm. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball: ... but examining clips of her this year, she has without doubt gotten worse. Her posture, her speech has noticeably deteriorated in a matter of months ...

"Treatment usually involves pain medication ... "

Plus now she'll be whacked out on Vicodin.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...ll/story?id=59055503

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They gave me Percocet when I broke a few ribs, she won't have a BM for a month. That might do it

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
They gave me Percocet when I broke a few ribs, she won't have a BM for a month. That might do it

She’s a partially living enema. I think she’s gonna be full of sheet one way or the other.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post