SIGforum
Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7980053944

November 08, 2018, 10:17 AM
Cliff
Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

HA! That'll do it!

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

November 08, 2018, 10:19 AM
Spokane228
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Afetr the way the Dems embarrassed themselves kin the last SCOTUS hearings, with their criminal attempts to destroy an innocent man, I have a feeling that their approach to the next SCOTUS nominee will be noticeably different.

With our current Senate majority, the dems don’t even have to show up.
November 08, 2018, 10:19 AM
darthfuster
I think the Left shot its wad during the Kavanaugh confirmation. Resistance from here will have to be more sophisticated and subtle or risk being exposed for the subversives they are.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
November 08, 2018, 10:39 AM
Russ59
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I believe this is the second time she's broken ribs, first was back in 2012

No, it was 1912.

P229
November 08, 2018, 10:43 AM
BRL
A comment on my wife’s post regarding this on the book of faces -

“Can you imagine!! I see a ‘Weekend at Bernie's’ scenario..they will cart her corpse around and pass her off as alive before they allow Trump another nomination!!!”

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

November 08, 2018, 10:43 AM
bettysnephew
If the inevitable should happen to RBG, I hope it is sooner than later so we don't get into the "no appointments within one year of the election" crap. It worked to Trump's favor the last time but if she hangs on it could work against this time. With a larger majority in the Senate now, perhaps not an issue if she continues on. Just tell the Dems "Tough Shit" and confirm.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith
November 08, 2018, 10:50 AM
CoolRich59
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
but she's still a human being.

Not for long.

She has demonstrated numerous times that she simply cannot perform the duties of her job, and mind you it is a fairly important job. She is hanging around out of spite for the country. Like McCain, she won't leave with integrity. I don't owe her a thing.

This.

If she was just someone's grandma, sure I'd feel bad for her. But, she's not just some grandma. She is a Supreme Court Justice even though she is not competent to fulfill her duties (and hasn't been for some time). IMO, spite is the only reason she has not stepped down. So, if this tumble is what it takes to remove her, so be it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
November 08, 2018, 10:54 AM
jsbcody
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I think the Left shot its wad during the Kavanaugh confirmation. Resistance from here will have to be more sophisticated and subtle or risk being exposed for the subversives they are.

Actually they are not that intelligent, they will continue to use the same old playbook. They don't care if they look like subversives as long as they are preaching to their true believers. It is what they do.
November 08, 2018, 10:56 AM
cparktd
So educate me...

What happens in the extended absence of a Justice?
Is it business as usual or will critical votes be postponed?
Can she absentee vote despite missing actual proceedings and wouldn't people bringing cases that needed her vote wait to bring or postpone their cases?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
November 08, 2018, 10:57 AM
ggile
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
A comment on my wife’s post regarding this on the book of faces -

“Can you imagine!! I see a ‘Weekend at Bernie's’ scenario..they will cart her corpse around and pass her off as alive before they allow Trump another nomination!!!”

I'm not so sure they are not doing that now! Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin
November 08, 2018, 10:59 AM
GGF
My President will soon get another Supreme court appointment.

Winning, MAGA.

Never gets old and happens a lot lately! Cool Wink
November 08, 2018, 11:02 AM

Q

November 08, 2018, 11:06 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
If the inevitable should happen to RBG, I hope it is sooner than later so we don't get into the "no appointments within one year of the election" crap. It worked to Trump's favor the last time but if she hangs on it could work against this time. With a larger majority in the Senate now, perhaps not an issue if she continues on. Just tell the Dems "Tough Shit" and confirm.

It's only Trump's first term. When the Republicans held up Obama's nominee, he was at the end of his 2nd term. Furthermore, voters just increased the Republicans' hold on the Senate, affirming in my mind that they want more of President Trump's supreme court picks on the Court.

So in closing, yeah, tell the dems to stuff and confirm away. Absolutely.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
November 08, 2018, 11:07 AM
nosticks
Rest assured all, if anything worst happens to her the Dims will keep her in a coma on life support and tube feed her until 2020 or may be 2024.

Awake not woke
November 08, 2018, 11:15 AM
esdunbar
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
So educate me...

What happens in the extended absence of a Justice?
Is it business as usual or will critical votes be postponed?
Can she absentee vote despite missing actual proceedings and wouldn't people bringing cases that needed her vote wait to bring or postpone their cases?

There are only 3 ways to remove a justice from the bench.

1) death
2) retirement
3) impeachment

To impeach takes 2/3 of both houses...not going to happen.

So it's just business as usual. They will hear cases with 8 justices.
November 08, 2018, 11:16 AM
Rey HRH
Soon as President Trump heard, he sent flowers.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 08, 2018, 11:16 AM
ChicagoSigMan
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:

It's only Trump's first term. When the Republicans held up Obama's nominee, he was at the end of his 2nd term. Furthermore, voters just increased the Republicans' hold on the Senate, affirming in my mind that they want more of President Trump's supreme court picks on the Court.

So in closing, yeah, tell the dems to stuff and confirm away. Absolutely.

I remember a while back seeing McConnell talk about the Biden Rule applying to instances where the Senate majority and the President were from different parties.

He is definitely laying the groundwork for confirmation of a Trump nominee should RBG kick the bucket in the next two years. The media and the Dems will raise hell, but (1) they didn't believe in the Biden rule for the Garland nomination so it's tough for them to argue in favor of it now and (2) they will raise hell no matter what.
November 08, 2018, 11:17 AM
Rey HRH
quote:
Originally posted by nosticks:
Rest assured all, if anything worst happens to her the Dims will keep her in a coma on life support and tube feed her until 2020 or may be 2024.

Are you sure they haven't been doing that for the last four years???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 08, 2018, 11:22 AM
Ricardokid11
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Let's go, lady. Hang it up already.

I'm sure that she was "hammered" when she fell!

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

November 08, 2018, 11:23 AM
zoom6zoom

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.