SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://thehill.com/regulation...ack-at-supreme-court

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was back at the court on Friday for the justices’ private conference.

The Supreme Court’s Public Information Office told The Hill that Ginsburg was attending the regular closed-door meeting in which the justices consider requests to review cases. Ginsburg has been absent from the court since undergoing surgery in late December to remove two cancerous nodules from her lower left lung.

The 85-year-old justice missed oral arguments last month while recovering at home from the surgery. Her absence marked the first time in more than 25 years on the bench she was forced to miss arguments due to her health.

The justices have been on winter recess for the last month but are due back on the bench for oral arguments on Tuesday. The court’s press office did not say whether Ginsburg will be on the bench for arguments Tuesday.

Among the petitions the justices considered Friday is a request from the Trump administration to bypass a regional appeals court and review a lower court’s decision to block administration officials from adding questions about citizenship to the 2020 census.

Posts: 19506 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I said earlier that I'll believe Ginsberg is alive and well only when the Court releases a press report saying she's back on their website.

Here are the latest releases. Nada, zip, nothing.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/p...s/pressreleases.aspx

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Why no photos of her? You would expect a lot of celebratory waving and smiling for the cameras.

My guess is that she was brought in in a wheelchair.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course shes back. There is a "justifiable need" for CCW case up for cert on monday.

https://certpool.com/dockets/1...Mt2Pgz1todMU5Gcc17cY

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Of course shes back. There is a "justifiable need" for CCW case up for cert on monday.

That pisses me off. So much for hearing out the case.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't understand this. I thought it only took 4 Justices to agree to hear a case: since she probably was a No, why would her presence be necessary?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Why no photos of her? You would expect a lot of celebratory waving and smiling for the cameras.
Again, and this is only speculation, but my bet is she's more frail and decrepit than ever, and the media are not about to let any of us see just how bad this old woman looks. No pics and little to no media
reporting on her and she becomes "out of sight, out of mind" for most people.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

I don't understand this. I thought it only took 4 Justices to agree to hear a case: since she probably was a No, why would her presence be necessary?

flashguy

The left requests her presence so she can vote against 2A. It's a given that she will always vote against 2A regardless of the testimony in the case being presented.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I said earlier that I'll believe Ginsberg is alive and well only when the Court releases a press report saying she's back on their website.

Here are the latest releases. Nada, zip, nothing.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/p...s/pressreleases.aspx

Jim

The Hill appears to be a full on fake news, propaganda machine.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More at the link. I just copied and pasted relevant info.

Ginsburg gets back to business in return to U.S. Supreme Court

https://www.reuters.com/articl...-court-idUSKCN1Q81RI

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, returning to the bench for the first time since undergoing lung cancer surgery in December, jumped right into the fray on Tuesday, posing the first question in oral arguments as is her custom.

Wearing one of her signature decorative collars, the black-robed Ginsburg appeared attentive throughout the argument, asking in a clear voice several technical questions. Her return to the bench seemed unremarkable to the eight other justices, none of whom made mention of it.

She stood with the other justices as the court marshal called the court to order, then took her usual seat to the right of Chief Justice John Roberts.

Posts: 12582 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Curious the timing of this report...

Trump says he is saving Barrett for Ginsberg’s seat

3/31/19
”President Trump has reportedly said he is "saving" Judge Amy Barrett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court, according to Axios.

Barrett was a popular choice among conservative activists as a candidate to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy before Trump eventually nominated Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Axios reported that Trump has made clear his desire to replace Ginsburg with Barrett since Kennedy’s decision to retire, telling people on separate occasions, "I'm saving her for Ginsburg."

Trump also opted against nominating Barrett over concerns that her opposition to abortion rights would lead Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) to vote against her, according to the news outlet. Aides were reportedly confident enough Republicans would gain Senate seats in the 2018 midterms that they decided a more conservative nominee would stand a better chance of confirmation after the elections.

Ginsburg, 86, recently returned to the bench after missing a series of cases in January because of cancer surgery last December.

The Hill has reached out to the White House for comment.”

Interesting almost 9 month s after after Kavanaugh’s nomination this would be “news”.

Have to say I love the irony of a reportedly staunch anti-abortion Justice replacing Ginsburg...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm imagining....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Could we perhaps, just save bumps on this thread, to actual confirmed news about Ginsberg herself?

Quit jerking peoples chains, guys.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtontimes.co...Mfj9pcHz0JsjYGeq8irs

quote:
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized, Supreme Court says
Follow Us

WASHINGTON — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized Tuesday with an infection caused by a gallstone, the Supreme Court said.

The 87-year-old justice underwent non-surgical treatment for what the court described as acute cholecystitis, a benign gall bladder condition, at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

She expects to be in the hospital for a day or two, the court said.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ A clone has taken her place on SCOTUS. Move along, please. Nothing to see here.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
crap, fixed

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
COVID-19 boogeyman gonna get her.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I got $5 for afternoon of Thu 5/21

Anyone else in?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think Ruth's gonna outlast Keith Richards.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
COVID-19 boogeyman gonna get her.

And Trump will be blamed.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post