SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m confident there are no depths of subterfuge the GDCs wouldn’t sink to in their efforts to remake the USA we knew. It’s been demonstrated many times.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
Isn't the solution as simple as Trump sending a couple of FBI or Secret Service agents to her house and verifying her well-being?
No, he should send someone more trustworthy, like the guy who distributes sushi to all the gas stations in the US.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/ha...ruth-bader-gins-borg

Half-Human, Half-Robot Justice Enters Supreme Court, Introduces Self As Ruth Bader Gins-Borg
February 12th, 2019

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Yesterday after the United States Supreme Court opened and justices began filing in, a half-robot, half-human with the face of Ruth Bader Ginsburg entered wielding an arm cannon, body armor, enhanced retinal targeting, and an integrated jetpack. “I AM RUTH BADER GINS-BORG. PLEASE PROCEED,” the cybernetic justice said to her colleagues, then reclined in her provided Windsor chair which was instantly crushed under the weight of her new cybernetic body.

Overall, Gins-Borg performed well, never falling asleep or showing any signs of fatigue. “She didn’t even blink,” said Judge Sonya Sotomayor who claims the cyborg justice stared at her for a large portion of the proceedings with one empty, soulless eye. At one point Sonya quietly whispered into the vacant robot woman’s ear, “is that you in there Ruth? What have they done to you?”

Some concerns were raised when an abortion bill was brought before the court and Ginsborg began repeatedly shouting, “TERMINATE. TERMINATE. TERMINATE!” Technicians were brought in and, after a brief reboot, court resumed as usual.

“Any concern that Ruth will be resigning her chair can be put to rest at this point,” said lead technician Robert Cornell. “She’s now running on the most powerful lithium-ion battery in the world, is plated with titanium body armor, runs on an Intel Xeon processor, and can get a strong wifi signal practically anywhere.” Ginsborg’s technicians believe she will remain on the court centuries after everyone on this Earth is dead and gone.

Ginsburg made history as the second female appointed to the court by Bill Clinton in 1993. Now, as Ruth Bader Gins-Borg, she has made history again as the first United States Supreme Court cyborg justice.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The next Supreme Court oral arguments session starts a week from today (19 Feb 2019)

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The next Supreme Court oral arguments session starts a week from today (19 Feb 2019)

I doubt that she will return to the Court.
We shall see ...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Not to worry. They will phone in her comments.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Somebody needs to be using voice-recognition software on those.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was posted on here once that SCOTUS justices can only vote on a case if they are onsite, in person. Can someone confirm this?

I could see her skipping the most duties but showing up to vote no on 2A issues.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I check 2 things EVERY week, the powerball drawing and this thread.

That is all

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

That is all

I check 3 things. The 2 above, plus the Mega Millions. Smile

Q

Posts: 26318 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
https://babylonbee.com/news/ha...ruth-bader-gins-borg

Half-Human, Half-Robot Justice Enters Supreme Court, Introduces Self As Ruth Bader Gins-Borg
February 12th, 2019

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Yesterday after the United States Supreme Court opened and justices began filing in, a half-robot, half-human with the face of Ruth Bader Ginsburg entered wielding an arm cannon, body armor, enhanced retinal targeting, and an integrated jetpack. “I AM RUTH BADER GINS-BORG. PLEASE PROCEED,” the cybernetic justice said to her colleagues, then reclined in her provided Windsor chair which was instantly crushed under the weight of her new cybernetic body.

Overall, Gins-Borg performed well, never falling asleep or showing any signs of fatigue. “She didn’t even blink,” said Judge Sonya Sotomayor who claims the cyborg justice stared at her for a large portion of the proceedings with one empty, soulless eye. At one point Sonya quietly whispered into the vacant robot woman’s ear, “is that you in there Ruth? What have they done to you?”

Some concerns were raised when an abortion bill was brought before the court and Ginsborg began repeatedly shouting, “TERMINATE. TERMINATE. TERMINATE!” Technicians were brought in and, after a brief reboot, court resumed as usual.

“Any concern that Ruth will be resigning her chair can be put to rest at this point,” said lead technician Robert Cornell. “She’s now running on the most powerful lithium-ion battery in the world, is plated with titanium body armor, runs on an Intel Xeon processor, and can get a strong wifi signal practically anywhere.” Ginsborg’s technicians believe she will remain on the court centuries after everyone on this Earth is dead and gone.

Ginsburg made history as the second female appointed to the court by Bill Clinton in 1993. Now, as Ruth Bader Gins-Borg, she has made history again as the first United States Supreme Court cyborg justice.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...770002354#6770002354

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10702 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You will be assimilated . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Every time this thread is updated, I keep hoping for the best when I open it...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15546 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Me too. Maybe it should go on hiatus until there is real news.

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Every time this thread is updated, I keep hoping for the best when I open it...

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I am sick of hearing that crap in this thread, guys. Just stow it.

If you're so easily upset, don't open this thread.

Really- I am so surprised at seeing these silly comments in this thread. Cut it out.

Go back and read through the read. This is the third or fourth time I have addressed this sillyness.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s just levity boss, but I will cease and desist.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15546 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

That is all

I check 3 things. The 2 above, plus the Mega Millions. Smile

I do this twice a week.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
It’s just levity boss, but I will cease and desist.
It's not funny. It's annoying and my patience with it wears very thin.