SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Not sure I understand the SC calendar, but it looks like the last arguments to the SC were on 16 Jan 2019.

The next set of arguments is scheduled for 19 Feb 2019.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/o...CalFebruary2019.html

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ More no-shows? Groovy.
quote:
Then we’ll have ol’ Joe to thank again.

And we'll ignore the whole line of nonsense.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where’s RUTH?!!!!!!!

Anyone seen her!????

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Can we make sure this thread title gets amended if something happens?
I can't be the only one clicking on this every time is jumps up page 1.
The view count is going to flip soon.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Well, I’m sure the Democrats are doing all they can to get her through this year. If she makes it through and kicks off next year they will be screaming that Trump can’t nominate her replacement because it will be an election year.

Who cares if they scream? If she expires, no matter when she does prior to the next Presidential election, President Trump will nominate her replacement, and the Senate will confirm. Period. This Biden rule nonsense has no bearing in this situation while we maintain the Senate.

quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

If she goes, I'm sure we'll all know long before this thread is updated.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Unsubstantiated rumor is she's on life support. I'll go grab the link and be back.

I don't know about this but here it is: https://cloverchronicle.com/20...finds-out-the-truth/

The photos in that link could not be a picture of someone with pneumonia in a medically induced coma- as that person would certainly be on a ventilator/intubated. If the photo is bogus the story likely is too.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Unsubstantiated rumor is she's on life support. I'll go grab the link and be back.

I don't know about this but here it is: https://cloverchronicle.com/20...finds-out-the-truth/

The photos in that link could not be a picture of someone with pneumonia in a medically induced coma- as that person would certainly be on a ventilator/intubated. If the photo is bogus the story likely is too.

She's at Area 51 and the aliens (that we all know the government is hiding from us) are taking care of her.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found her!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I found her!

Cue Slim Whitman . . . .

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if Ruth Buzzie is alive, lets see a photo of her and today's newspaper

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Someone being alive isn't news. Perhaps could we post in this thread when something actually relevant happens? Stop dicking with people over a high profile issue.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is reanimation of the dead possible? Inquiring minds err tiny little leftist minds want to know.

Shall any of you surrender a portion of your life essence to sustain Judge what's-her-name?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if Pelosi blocking SOTU address has something to do with RBG's condition. I wonder how often supremes don't show for that.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

Better? Once I hear confirmed otherwise I will change it...

At what point is it appropriate to ask for proof that a Supreme Court Justice is still among the living and able to fufill their duties?

Not to be morbid, but “the people have a right to know”

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I'm wondering if Pelosi blocking SOTU address has something to do with RBG's condition.
I had the same thought.
quote:
I wonder how often supremes don't show for that.
Well, the dead ones don't show up.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
proof that a Supreme Court Justice is still among the living and able to fufill their duties?

It would be great to know the definition of her duties. The fact that they're okay with her not attending orals and deciding cases based on the other judge's questioning, without posing her own, is odd to me. Yes, I know they don't need to ask questions but to think she has none about any case is silly.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I edited the title of this thread, back to what it was. All this bitching about how this thread gives you anxiety? Yeah, stow that silly shit. That is damn silly. Get a grip. It's the kind of complaint I would expect from leftists. There are no safe spaces or coloring books here, so...

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I'm wondering if Pelosi blocking SOTU address has something to do with RBG's condition.
I had the same thought.
quote:
I wonder how often supremes don't show for that.
Well, the dead ones don't show up.

RBG didn't show up last year.

Before his death in 2016, Justice Antonin Scalia hadn’t been at a SOTU since 1997.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24068 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post