SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

You 80+ year old folks are simply grumpy.
You got a problem with that? Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

You 80+ year old folks are simply grumpy.
You got a problem with that? Wink
Why now that you mention it...No. Smile Hell, I'm in my mid-fifties and am already practicing my grumpy attitude for later.

Now back to the Ruthie predictions...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Kurt Schlichter:

“…I am of the contingent that looks at the odds and figures that her [RBG] tenure is drawing to a close. I could be wrong. So could the many connected and informed people who have passed on to me the rumors that her condition is much worse than is being let on. Remember that an ailing Justice Rehnquist assured us in a statement that he intended on returning to the Court soon, and that seven weeks later he was being buried. Our hopes and prayers for her health aside – and many conservatives are offering them even as they would love her to retire – my money is still on a 2019 fight to replace her…”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/t...-n2538971%3famp=true

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
The fight for her seat is going to be biblical.

I'm guessing it will be in and out, easy peasy. The only thing that slowed dow Kavenaugh was the whole #metoo thing. Given how that turned out to be witch hunt, even a legitimate skeleton in the next person's closet will be met with, "Oh FFS Dems, not this crap again."

As long as it happens while the Repub's still have the Senate, I think it will be easy. Minor media blip with retards shouting that Trump should replace a liberal with a liberal, but that's the stupidest shit anyone can utter and it will never happen. They'll shout it on CNN, but it won't mean a damn thing; nomination and Confirmation and we'll move on.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
She remains alive, as long as no one checks inside the box.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Ha ha ha. The Schrödinger's Ruth.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:

I'm guessing it will be in and out, easy peasy. The only thing that slowed dow Kavenaugh was the whole #metoo thing. Given how that turned out to be witch hunt, even a legitimate skeleton in the next person's closet will be met with, "Oh FFS Dems, not this crap again."

As long as it happens while the Repub's still have the Senate, I think it will be easy. Minor media blip with retards shouting that Trump should replace a liberal with a liberal, but that's the stupidest shit anyone can utter and it will never happen. They'll shout it on CNN, but it won't mean a damn thing; nomination and Confirmation and we'll move on.

While that is what you might expect from reasonable people, the Dems are by and large not reasonable. They will vilify, lie and rampage, guaranteed.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm going to respectfully suggest you're wrong on this one. When Ruthie croaks and Trump gets to nominate her replacement, the second apocalypse will look like a blip compared to the meltdown the leftists will erupt into. It will be framed as a complete end of the country end of the world event by the Dem's and media, and they'll all go into complete attack mode. And when the Repub's in the senate confirm that new justice, there will be yet another epic meltdown. And when a 2A SCOTUS case results in the wrong opinion being rendered, there will be yet another epic meltdown.

Its just time to sit back and enjoy the insanity.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm still not convinced she's actually alive as of today.

All this "She's A-OK, move along nothing to see here" BS from the media over the past couple days with no recent sightings of her still breathing makes me extremely suspicious.

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm still not convinced she's actually alive as of today.

I want to see news video of her playing pickle-ball with Kavenaugh, with a todays-date Wall St. Journal propped up on the refreshment table before I believe she's still kickin'.

Never mind, not good enough. Confused

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 85 year old mom had a lung biopsy that nearly killed her. They did some radiation treatments, which seemed to work, we think, but the doctors basically said no way in hell would she survive lung surgery. And my mom looks more healthy that RBG.

ETA: which is a long way of saying I want proof of life. RBG is prolly dead or very close to it.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I think we're being McCain-ed.

We had a saying with about the "Angel of Death".

"You can run but you only die tired".

Run, Ruth, run...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if she is even in DC, or perhaps she was trucked to NYC

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
It needs to be this year or they'll throw the election-year-Merrit-Garland-McConnell-rule into the mix. Regardless, there will be dumpster fires in every major city.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I wonder if she is even in DC, or perhaps she was trucked to NYC

Or maybe this...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15546 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm going to respectfully suggest you're wrong on this one. When Ruthie croaks and Trump gets to nominate her replacement, the second apocalypse will look like a blip compared to the meltdown the leftists will erupt into. It will be framed as a complete end of the country end of the world event by the Dem's and media, and they'll all go into complete attack mode. And when the Repub's in the senate confirm that new justice, there will be yet another epic meltdown. And when a 2A SCOTUS case results in the wrong opinion being rendered, there will be yet another epic meltdown.

Now, wasn't the major hold up with Justice Kavanuagh getting him past the Judicial Committee? Once it went to the Senate floor it went right through, more or less.

If I recall correctly I thought I heard that the Democrats lost a seat on the Judiciary Committee. Doesn't that mean that they can't hold up the nomination like they did last time but instead just force a committe vote and move on to the floor vote and be done with the show?

Posts: 6360 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

Now, wasn't the major hold up with Justice Kavanuagh getting him past the Judicial Committee? Once it went to the Senate floor it went right through, more or less.

If I recall correctly I thought I heard that the Democrats lost a seat on the Judiciary Committee. Doesn't that mean that they can't hold up the nomination like they did last time but instead just force a committe vote and move on to the floor vote and be done with the show?

They didn't hold up jack. It was that douchebag Flake who was the problem. The dems never had the power by themselves to stop the vote from going forward.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think Trump should nominate Merrick Garland to replace her. I don't love him (and don't hate him either), but it would be fun to see all the political types try to figure out what to do.

Posts: 993 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post