SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

these people are so far out of touch with the world they live in at 85 years old. At that age I wouldn't trust my grandmother to go to the grocery store on her own, let alone make any important decisions effecting anyone else.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...900010254#3900010254
V-Tail as long as you can chew leather to soften it you have no worries of being set adrift on an ice flow. Big Grin
Right. But keep in mind, I can not be trusted to go to the grocery store on my own (I do this a couple of times a week), nor make any important decisions -- remember, I still run two businesses, and I am still active as a flight instructor, I shoot regularly, I still . . . ah, no point discussing it. Jimmy123x has the only correct knowledge, why should I argue with him?

Hell that tether is working well for you then. Go out get your groceries give it a quick snap and it pulls you back to home. Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
While there are certainly some folks are are out of touch at 85, there are other that are both in touch and sharp as a tack. Personally, I think RBG was out of touch long before 85, and that it had a lot more to do with her political bent than her age. At this point I am not sure whose “retirement” I am hoping to read about first, RBG’s or DiFi’s. The are both GDCs.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe I'm a little too touchy on this, too ready to push back. I'll tone it down.

Just tell him to get off your lawn.

Damn kids.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
She'll phone it in from the crypt.

Ha ! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Maybe I'm a little too touchy on this, too ready to push back. I'll tone it down.

Just tell him to get off your lawn.

Damn kids.
"Jimmie! You're so old!"

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
That’s awesome. Big Grin

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
HA! She has a codpiece...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gefiltepiece...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
"The better to shtup you with my dear. Oy!"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great casting for the part of Senator Palpatine there too!

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:

Gefiltepiece...

Oh, that's funny, right there.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

these people are so far out of touch with the world they live in at 85 years old. At that age I wouldn't trust my grandmother to go to the grocery store on her own, let alone make any important decisions effecting anyone else.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...900010254#3900010254
V-Tail as long as you can chew leather to soften it you have no worries of being set adrift on an ice flow. Big Grin
Right. But keep in mind, I can not be trusted to go to the grocery store on my own (I do this a couple of times a week), nor make any important decisions -- remember, I still run two businesses, and I am still active as a flight instructor, I shoot regularly, I still . . . ah, no point discussing it. Jimmy123x has the only correct knowledge, why should I argue with him?

This wasn't directed at you and I'm sorry if it was taken as such. There are many people at that age that are fully functioning, incredibly intelligent, and totally with the world they live in etc. You happen to be one of them, including being a pilot/flight instructor. Of which you well know, few people your age could pass the FAA physical. My uncle was one of those people that was incredibly intelligent, sharp as a tack, and with it, until he recently passed away at 89 years old, albeit almost blind his last 10 years. He wrote the Army mental entrance exam decades ago that they still use today. But, we all have elderly relatives or friends that we know, that should have given up their drivers licenses 10 years ago.

However, a large percentage of people at 85 simply are not with the world they live in including Ginsberg whose views are so far left they aren't even constitutional. I can think of several politicians that have completely lost touch with the world they live in and should've retired far early than they did or should......Mccain, Ginsberg, Pelosi, Hillary, and Reid (well if it was up to me, the last 4 would have never been able to become politicians to begin with).

But I do believe that term limits in congress should be in effect as many have either gotten too feable or have taken advantage of their positions and are not looking out for the people they represent......

My comments were not meant as a personal insult to anyone on this forum and was a broad statement.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You did not hurt his feelings. he is happy for the attention.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
My dear father will be 91 next March. He still works as a tax attorney, speaks in front of crowds on Sundays, drives, and is sharp as a tack. Approximately ten years ago, some young guy stated on this forum that there should be a maximum age limit on drivers licenses. My reaction was two-fold:

1.) I thought the poster was a short-sighted idiot. I asked him if he had enough imagination to see into the future and imagine that even though he's still sharp as a tack, since he reached his own self-imposed age limit, how would he feel about having to give up his driver's license?

2.) How easily the poster would inhibit other people's freedom! Isn't that the essence of Liberalism? His obvious thought: "I don't think people above a certain age should be allowed to drive anymore, so I support a law taking the right to share the road away from people based on some arbitrary age limit that I will set."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

My dear father will be 91 next March. He still works as a tax attorney, speaks in front of crowds on Sundays, drives, and is sharp as a tack.
That's all well and good, but what about when he gets old? Razz

More power to him. He is setting a great example for all of us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
The fight for her seat is going to be biblical.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
The fight for her seat is going to be biblical.
Yes, it's going to make Kavanaugh's look tame.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The Republicans will need to bring garlic, wolfbane, silver nitrate, and crosses to the hearings to beat back all the evil that will be attempted.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
The term you're looking for is grumpy. You 80+ year old folks are simply grumpy. I'm still waiting for the "get off my lawn" comment. Wink Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post