SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Huh..?
The Republicans controlled 54 seats after the '14 election but only controlled 45 prior to the election. I don't know if the Republicans would've found enough backbone to stop a libtard nomination in '14.

To contrast with Zippy's two SCOTUS appointments, Sotomayor was confirmed in '09 and Kagan was confirmed in '10, and both times the Demonrats controlled 57 seats plus 2 independents who caucused with the Demonrats.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In 2014 RBG was worried that the Senate would not approve a Justice that she would approve of, and that Obama would therefore not try appointing one.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Every time I see this thread bumped I get my hopes up.

Same here.

Come on Ruthie, you can do it, just resign DIE already.

FIFY Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I just hope the timing is such that we aren't stalled by the "Biden Rule." Or is that even still a thing?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I wonder how you would feel if zomeone wished your mother or sister or wife or child was dead so that something they wanted to happen politically could.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
I wonder how you would feel if zomeone wished your mother or sister or wife or child was dead so that something they wanted to happen politically could.

That depends, are they a Bolshevik?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is "Erev Rav".

When Moses assembled us and led us out of Egypt, there were those, who also oppressed by Egypt, sought the opportunity to liberate themselves and "at the last minute" joined the Exodus.

Unfortunately, a couple of things happened.

1. Because they were "mingled with us" we had a difficult time and could not "separate and divest of them".

2. There "influence" and "mixing" over the years has created a "shatnez" of the Jewish existence.

No one likes to talk of it, but it is the reality that many/most of the troubles of the Jewish people is a result of this "mixture".

Out of it, has become the bain of the Jewish people to be the light to the world, because of the evil inclination of the Erev Rav.

Consider the likes of Chuck Schumer, Ruth Ginsburg, George Soros and others. It is not enough to simply point a finger at them and act as if we are not "connected/complicit" with their actions. If we do not call them out and separate ourselves form their actions, then we are "guilty by association". My POV, expressed in "the community" has resulted in enmity, but I will not be silent about it.

I do not have animosity towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg for anything other than the reality and understanding that she, as a judge, and therefore quite aware of the Constitution, that her actions are damaging to the spirit of the Constitution, and she fully is aware of this.

For that reason, she is an enemy to the Constitution, and I want her removed. If she will not step down, then let nature have her, soon.

And, yes, I put my name to that.

-(almost a) rabbimonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I just hope the timing is such that we aren't stalled by the "Biden Rule." Or is that even still a thing?
It only applies when the President and Senate are of opposing parties. The Dems cannot stall now because the filibuster is gone for SCOTUS appointments, so provided it happens before Jan 2021, Trump would have the pick.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe if we are super nice to leftist, they will respect our rights & opinions.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey nails it!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Rabbi Monkey says it more eloquently than I could.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Agreed and so very much more eloquently than i ever could even imagine !

These are the enemies of our country. They want us dead, because we are in the way of what they want.

We must remind ourselves of this, each and every day.

rbg will never resign. It will have to be carried out feet first, rather than do that.

We are at war for the very soul of our country.

posted Hide Post
How about expecting a Functioning Justice not just some one potentially still breathing.

She's probably medicated into oblivion. Recently at her best she was asleep.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

RBG desires, if implemented, would result in a loss of safety for millions of mothers, sisters, wives, and children. Would you rather have a few thousand of the above raped and murdered every year because they could not defend themselves?

RBG is a pox on our republic, and she does not care.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

The difference here is that my wife and children are not knowing, complicit enemies or traitors. If the language seems strong, it is because this woman is the enemy. She rules against the tenets of the Constitution. She will continue to do so, even with the knowledge that despite her failing health, she is sound enough of mind to realize what she is doing.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

my oath said '...all enemies foreign and domestic....' and she is a domestic enemy

I wish her gone and I don't care how it happens, I just don't want to have someone like her in a position of power when she clearly hates the country and what it stands for

I am not nearly as nice as Justice Scalia who said he liked her...I have zero use or empathy for the old crone

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
When dealing with the enemies of our country, I don't care who's mother, sister, wife, or child they may be.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
^^^

my oath said '...all enemies foreign and domestic....' and she is a domestic enemy

I wish her gone and I don't care how it happens, I just don't want to have someone like her in a position of power when she clearly hates the country and what it stands for

I am not nearly as nice as Justice Scalia who said he liked her...I have zero use or empathy for the old crone

First, I took the same oath and try to live it everyday. A lot of my posts and various threads have proven this.

Second, I am not , nor ever will be a sympathizer or one who believes that if you are nice to your enemy they will also be nice to you.

Third, Sig Monkey and I are on the same page and talk a few times a year about our country.
We talk a lot of the decline of our wonderful country.

Fourth and finally, I asked a question and got answers. At the time that I asked it, I was only thinking of her as a suffering woman and not an enemy of our country, which she is. My fault for posting on the Forum while my pain meds were in full aura. I am not apologizing for what I said. To me, at the time, it was a fair question and , again, I got answers.

Thanks to all of you.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is "Erev Rav".

When Moses assembled us and led us out of Egypt, there were those, who also oppressed by Egypt, sought the opportunity to liberate themselves and "at the last minute" joined the Exodus.

Unfortunately, a couple of things happened.

1. Because they were "mingled with us" we had a difficult time and could not "separate and divest of them".

2. There "influence" and "mixing" over the years has created a "shatnez" of the Jewish existence.

No one likes to talk of it, but it is the reality that many/most of the troubles of the Jewish people is a result of this "mixture".

Out of it, has become the bain of the Jewish people to be the light to the world, because of the evil inclination of the Erev Rav.

Consider the likes of Chuck Schumer, Ruth Ginsburg, George Soros and others. It is not enough to simply point a finger at them and act as if we are not "connected/complicit" with their actions. If we do not call them out and separate ourselves form their actions, then we are "guilty by association". My POV, expressed in "the community" has resulted in enmity, but I will not be silent about it.

I do not have animosity towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg for anything other than the reality and understanding that she, as a judge, and therefore quite aware of the Constitution, that her actions are damaging to the spirit of the Constitution, and she fully is aware of this.

For that reason, she is an enemy to the Constitution, and I want her removed. If she will not step down, then let nature have her, soon.

And, yes, I put my name to that.

-(almost a) rabbimonkey

Well said!!!

I concur completely! And I am only a Jew by adoption! Razz

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am not apologizing for what I said. To me, at the time, it was a fair question and , again, I got answers.

Thanks to all of you.

Nor should you, friend Smile

You asked a question and you got answers.

As this is a discussion forum, seems like it all worked out as it should.

Let us hope we can continue as such.