SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The bigger the lib the bigger the stupid I guess. Alyssa Milano has offered her ribs, kidney and lung to old Ruthie! They could probably remove them from her without the need for anesthesia because if she can't feel the
hurt that the stupid is putting on her she's as numb as a brick already!

Link to stupid...
I call BS. Just like those morons who promised to leave the country if Trump won, Milano would bail in a New York minute if Ole Ruthie actually tried to take her up on this offer. With these nitwits its all talk and pandering, with no action.

Wholeheartedly agree; it would be fun to watch someone tell the little princess that there's more to it than dropping off a kidney and a few McRibs though.

Oh if somebody like Project Veritas could do a sting on these nitwits. Call them in to a fake looking medical center for organ harvesting. Video their reactions and just totally fuck with them. If only there was a way to legally simulate them thinking they had been under anesthesia and tell them oops, we took your _______. Tell them RBG constantly is getting youthful spinal fluid transfusions and it is the only thing keeping her alive and will they donate. You won't be able to walk for a week, but usually it regenerates. It's all for the cause.

See how far they'd go to keep RGV alive.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Well, when the old hag does kick the bucket I remember a question that Mitch McConnell got a few weeks back. He was asked about RBG and what if she retired, and would he recommend that Trump appoint a conservative or liberal. Mitch actually started to laugh and said "what do you think? Of course I want a conservative." Duh. The look on that reporters face was priceless.

I think she actually believed that Trump would appoint a liberal just to honor her...or something??? These guys live in a dream world.
There are a great many folk (Liberals) who think the makeup of the Supreme Court is a static thing and that replacements should mirror the political leanings of the one being replaced. They are very much deluded, of course--that has never been a criterion in place, as Presidents always choose whomever is closest to their own stance that they think can be confirmed by the Senate.

flashguy

They only think it's static when conservatives are making appointments.

Can you just imagine BHO appointing a staunch constitutional originalist to the court? They’ve already talked about packing the court to offset Trump nominations.

The reported was either an idiot or intellectually dishonest. I suppose it could’ve been both.

I think Stampy Feet considered Sotomayor to be a constitutionalist...........compared to him. lol So it's all relative.Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justice Ginsburg Has Surgery to Remove Cancerous Growths

The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had surgery to remove two malignant growths from her left lung.

https://www.usnews.com/news/po...ve-cancerous-growths

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had surgery to remove two malignant growths from her left lung.

It's Ginsburg's third bout with cancer since she joined the court in 1993.

The court says the 85-year-old Ginsburg had the surgery Friday in New York and will remain in the hospital for a few days.

The court says doctors found "no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body." The court says no additional treatment is planned currently.

The growths were found during tests Ginsburg had after she fractured ribs in a fall on Nov. 7.

Ginsburg is being treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
The court says no additional treatment is planned currently.

Of course not. At that age it's called "hospice".

Ho Ho Ho

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's Ginsburg's third bout with cancer since she joined the court in 1993.

Third times the charm...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Is she daid, yet ?

Bears repeating Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
dont matter they will prop her up like weekend at bernie's until the next dem gets in

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month, the Supreme Court said.

Ginsburg was not on the bench as the court met Monday to hear arguments. It was not clear when she would return to the court, which will hear more cases on Tuesday and Wednesday, and again next week.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said the 85-year-old justice is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung on Dec. 21.

Ginsburg was discharged from a New York hospital on Dec. 25.
Chief Justice John Roberts said in the courtroom Monday that Ginsburg would participate in deciding the argued cases “on the basis of the briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.”

https://apnews.com/b1d7eb8384ef44099d63fde057c4172c

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
“WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month, the Supreme Court said.

Ginsburg was not on the bench as the court met Monday to hear arguments. It was not clear when she would return to the court, which will hear more cases on Tuesday and Wednesday, and again next week.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said the 85-year-old justice is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung on Dec. 21.

Ginsburg was discharged from a New York hospital on Dec. 25.
Chief Justice John Roberts said in the courtroom Monday that Ginsburg would participate in deciding the argued cases “on the basis of the briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.”

https://apnews.com/b1d7eb8384ef44099d63fde057c4172c

In other words, she's going to phone it in. Just what we need. //sarcasm//

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

In other words, she's going to phone it in. Just what we need. //sarcasm//

It is the sequel from Weekend at Bernie's.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The witch is in the hole but still desperately trying to hang on and claw her way out.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tick, Tock....

Ginsburg is determined to serve on the court as long as she can, having asserted in 2018, “As long as I can do the job full steam, I will do it.”

In 2011, she said that if she had been nominated for the court in 2011, Republicans would not vote for her because of her work for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), asserting, "Today, my ACLU connection would probably disqualify me.”

In 2014, asked why she would not step down and let former President Barack Obama replace her with another like-minded liberal justice, she responded:

" Who do you think President Obama could appoint at this very day, given the boundaries that we have? If I resign any time this year, he could not successfully appoint anyone I would like to see in the court. [The Senate Republicans] took off the filibuster for lower federal court appointments, but it remains for this court. So anybody who thinks that if I step down, Obama could appoint someone like me, they’re misguided. As long as I can do the job full steam ... I think I’ll recognize when the time comes that I can’t any longer. But now I can."

https://www.dailywire.com/news...-misses-hank-berrien

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Must be nice answering to no one. If I behaved at my job like she has I would have been canned years ago.

She has been missing arguments for years, her body was present so I guess that doesnt count.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
At full steam??? Yeah, right. Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She's the guest who won't leave after the party is over and it's getting very late.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The witch is in the hole but still desperately trying to hang on and claw her way out.
Hopefully someone is running a Bobcat and has a bucket of dirt ready and waiting. This ridiculous woman is the absolute height of arrogance and irresponsibility. Great traits for any judge to have. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The bright side of this is that her "recuperation" could be more serious than "they" will admit. Her continued downslide in physical and mental health is not going to stop. Just a matter of time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16692 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
News like this means nothing to me. The only headline that I'm waiting for is the one announcing her death. Nothing else will get me to perk up at any mention of RBG. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, will get her off of the court other than her drawing her last breath. So big deal. She missed oral arguments for the first time ever. She could go on in this condition and remain on the court for the next decade.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I think the SCOTUS lets you phone it in. But in the House and Senate you have to be physically present to vote. There is no proxy voting or phoning it in. If RBG weren't allowed to phone it in then it'd be even easier for swing cases to get decided by the conservatives.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
"As long as I can do the job full steam ... I think I’ll recognize when the time comes that I can’t any longer. But now I can."

So says the hypocritical leftist...hey Ruthie, do you honestly think you're doing the job "full steam"? Or perhaps, are you hanging on by the skin of your teeth for political reasons?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post