SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CEO Developed a "Snowflake" Test To Weed Out Pajama Boys
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CEO Developed a "Snowflake" Test To Weed Out Pajama Boys Login/Join 
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know when Kennedy stopped being a flaming liberal.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
1. Outside of standard benefits, what benefits should a company offer employees?
Depends, what are the "standard" benefits? I expect they're probably adequate

2. What should the national minimum wage be?
There shouldn't be one. Or ANY minimum wage for that matter

3. How many sick days should be given to employees?
None. You've got vacation time and paid days off. Otherwise, no workee, no payee

4. How often should employees get raises?
When they earn them. COL raises maybe?

5. How do you feel about guns?
They're tools. They're only a problem when tools own them.

6. What are your feelings about employees or clients carrying guns?
Trained and licensed? Fine. Neckbeards that wear camo everything? Not so much.

7. What are your feelings about safe spaces in challenging work environments?
It's horseshit. If you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen.

8. In a creative environment like The Silent Partner Marketing, what do you envision work attire looking like?
Neat, comfortable, non-confrontational (in reference to logos etc). More professional if dealing with clients.

9. Should “trigger warnings” be issued before we release content for clients or the company that might be considered “controversial”?
No. See Number 7

10. How do you feel about police?
They're people. They do a tough job under onerous restrictions and mostly keep their cool.

11. If you owned the company and were to find out that a client is operating unethically but was a high paying client…how would you handle it?
I'd discuss it with them. If they persist, I'd fire them.

12. When was the last time you cried and why?
Last time I recall for sure was when my baby daughter got married. If you have to ask why, I don't want to work for you.

13. You arrive at an event for work and there’s a major celebrity you’ve always wanted to meet. What happens next?
I mind my own business. If introduced, fine, if not, get back to work.

14. What’s your favorite kind of adult beverage?
Coffee

15. What’s the best way to communicate with clients?
Face to face for most information transfer. Email for documentation.

16. What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Shoot, ride motorcycles, dub around in my shop

17. What are your thoughts on the current college environment as it pertains to a future workforce?
It's a disaster waiting to happen. Happening, actually

18. What’s your typical breakfast?
Oatmeal and Coffee

19. What’s your favorite drink when you go to a coffeehouse?
Uh....coffee? Actually a good hazelnut latte' is a treat

20. How do you handle bullies?
Ignore them. Walk away. Unless they lay hands on me, then all bets are off

21. How do you handle it when your ideas are shot down?
Might ask for guidance on whats wrong with the idea, probably just say "OK" and move on

22. What do you do if a coworker comes to the table with an idea and it sucks?
Praise the good points if any, point out the flaws, ask questions on how to refine the idea if applicable

23. What does the first amendment mean to you?
Applies to everyone, not just people you agree with. Also means I'm free to point out how stupid you are

24. What does faith mean to you?
Not big on faith. Logic, experience and observable proof works better for me

25. Who is your role model and why?
No one specific. People that do the right thing and take care of their loved ones no matter what

26. "You're in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?"
"No thanks, I have my own." Then take cover, observe and if he starts shooting, drop his ass like a bad habit if I can

27. What does America mean to you?
Freedom. Self-reliance. Opportunity.

28. You see someone stepping on an American flag. What do you do?
Express my displeasure, but keep my hands in my pocket. Many men and women have died defending their right to be an asshole

29. What does “privilege” mean to you?
Something you earn that can be taken away if you fuck it up

30. What’s more important? Book smarts or street smarts? Why?
Assuming "street smarts' means "experience", I'd go with experience. Books are often written by people that have never worked in the actual world.

So, am I hired?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15220 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I generally don't talk politics or religion at work, gets in the way of actual business. Of course if I do end up talking politics or religion, I keep it very oatmeal flavored until I know who I'm dealing with isn't a screaming retard, right or left.

Does that make me a snowflake?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Are you sending him a resume?

quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
1. Outside of standard benefits, what benefits should a company offer employees?
Depends, what are the "standard" benefits? I expect they're probably adequate

2. What should the national minimum wage be?
There shouldn't be one. Or ANY minimum wage for that matter

3. How many sick days should be given to employees?
None. You've got vacation time and paid days off. Otherwise, no workee, no payee

4. How often should employees get raises?
When they earn them. COL raises maybe?

<snip>

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Are you sending him a resume?

Naw, I'm retarded. All you workin' stiffs are paying my wages these days. Razz

I just got a thing for quizzes.

Also, people-oriented businesses in general and advertising in particular are not my strong suit. I fix stuff.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15220 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
I'd like to know when Kennedy stopped being a flaming liberal.

It seems she was never a flaming liberal.

According to Wiki, even at MTV, there were hints that she was a Republican. At the MTV Clinton Inaugural Ball, she chanted "Nixon Now, Nixon Now!" whenever the Clintons came on stage, apparently an admirer of Richard Nixon. And apparently she was a speaker at the 1996 Republican Convention. And apparently rock critic/MTV host Kurt Loder turned her on to the values of libertarianism, moving away from conservatism. I remember her from the MTV days and she seemed a little different from the other hosts.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
They're free to ask, and I'm free to think it's mostly nonsense and ultimately a poor choice, or a poor sense of priority, and will often result in less talent but greater ideological parity.

In the same way that I don't give a shit what my plumber drinks at a coffeehouse, most of this stuff is mostly irrelevant most of the time. But hey, it's his company, so whatever...

I've worked with a great many talented and diverse people and done great work together, and how?? Because we had more important shit to worry about and we did our jobs.

There's a word for that (probably several): professionalism.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
They're free to ask, and I'm free to think it's mostly nonsense and ultimately a poor choice, or a poor sense of priority, and will often result in less talent but greater ideological parity.

In the same way that I don't give a shit what my plumber drinks at a coffeehouse, most of this stuff is mostly irrelevant most of the time. But hey, it's his company, so whatever...

I've worked with a great many talented and diverse people and done great work together, and how?? Because we had more important shit to worry about and we did our jobs.

There's a word for that (probably several): professionalism.

All not necessarily untrue, but it begs the question: Would you rather give your hard earned money to someone who is ideologically similar to you and who does a good job or a flaming liberal who does a good job?

(Or, gasp!, some tinkerbell who orders a double mocha with sprinkles instead of black coffee. Big Grin )

I understand that sometimes it just doesn't matter as shit just needs fixing, but given the choice, I'd go with the former without hesitation.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
What does my voting record have to do with my doing my job. Your politics or mine should have zero to do with hiring or firing an employee. If I choose to vote or not is my choice, which is what I thought the whole damn process was about in the first place.
You have plenty of reasons to not hire a millennial already, without throwing politics in it.

For those that care, yes I voted and no it WASN'T for the twattwaffle or the commie.

It has a lot to do with whether I would want you as an employee. If I have two candidates, both are close to equal on qualifications, I would choose a conservative over someone that pulls a lever because there is a D marked next to it any day of the week.

You as the potential employee have the ability to not come to work for me if you don't like it.

You can look in just about any branch of government right now and see the effects of having a leftie, particularly an ideologue in the mix, and the dangers there of.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I especially like the "What's the best way to communicate with clients?" question.

I'm of two minds on that.

Face-to-face gives you a chance to assess the client and get a better feel for the person.

Email creates unequivocal documentation where your notes after a face-to-face are more subjective.

The correct answer is: Face to face if time permits, but otherwise a telephone call. In all cases, a followup with an email summarizing the content and context of the communication. Never via text.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I like the list of questions

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Snowflakes have been around for a long time. At the employer I retired from, the owner was an old Army Master Sargent. Even grumpy. But he was getting old and one day he needed to field strip one of his old 1911s. He didn't have the hand strength in his 90s to do that. So he walked across the hall and handed it to me. I got a sheet of clean computer paper and started. Piece by piece, laid out in order. He was going to walk out but stopped because he wanted to know if I could do it. I took the magazine and asked if he wanted it torn down, too. He said no so I asked him where the solvent and lube were. He walked out to get them. Our then personel lady came strolling in. She was at least 60 saw the gun parts and screamed, then ran down the hall. He handed me the old Garand style mini can of stinky solvent and some commercial oil. I asked him if I was going to get fired because the lady was so scared. He said "over my dead body." Cool enough.

Our then General Manager put out a memo that no "girlie" calendars were allowed, even ones that were given to us by our suppliers.

So along came the state legislature and passed a concealed carry bill. The resident snowflakes, the accountant, the General Manager and the same lady who ran out screaming seized upon the language from the bill and contracted out the required language to prohibit any firearms on the premises.

The owners grand son was in my office for whatever reason when the little committee came in to talk. They said "good" because they could present it to both of us together. I was dumbfounded in disbelief. The grandson was almost crying while he laughed. The snowflakes weren't amused. Instead of speaking to them, he asked me how far I thought they'd make it toward the street when the old guy kicked them in the ass. Their response was "well, it won't apply to the owners guns". Time for me to recover my speech ability. I managed "good luck with that".

So before they left my office, I unlocked the sideleaf to my desk, pulled out a rubber mat of the kind gun stores use to put guns on, then pulled out my old (and loaded) M39 and gently put it on the mat. I was even careful to point it at the wall, not them. Yes, I was told/ordered to be armed at my desk. None of them had the slightest clue other employees had weapons on the property. Other than being clueless, they all performed their jobs reasonably well.

I had a gun in my office for 20 years and never shot anyone. I was sorely tempted from time to time. Worse still, the gun itself never went out on its own and shot some fool.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
quote:
26. "You're in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?"

"No,thanks. I have my own." Big Grin

So you say, but I know better. No Sigforumite would ever pass up a free gun. Even a Jiminez. Hell, it might have free ammo in it!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I especially like the "What's the best way to communicate with clients?" question.

This was my favorite also. ANSWER: Whichever way they prefer to communicate.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
quote:

I'm of two minds on that.

Face-to-face gives you a chance to assess the client and get a better feel for the person.

Email creates unequivocal documentation where your notes after a face-to-face are more subjective.

The correct answer is: Face to face if time permits, but otherwise a telephone call. In all cases, a followup with an email summarizing the content and context of the communication. Never via text.

Incorrect. The correct answer, is whatever the client prefers. Some clients prefer face to face meetings, others prefer a phone call, others are quite busy with 10 things at once but on email all day, and prefer an email.

I am a client of a specific firm. I have specifically told them to send all communication via email, as it is the best/fastest way to communicate with me. I am on email all day, and can get a response back to them in less than 15-20 minutes most days. The doofus calls me, every time, which I never answer, because I am busy doing other things. So instead of getting the issue resolved within 20 minutes via email, he calls me, as I have specifically asked him not to do, and he doesn't get a response sometimes within 48 hours. It quite pisses me off that he calls, and I am considering shit canning him for another firm.

So the correct answer, is to provide proper customer service, and to communicate with the clients HOW THEY PREFER.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
quote:

"No,thanks. I have my own." Big Grin

WIN!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12322 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
What does my voting record have to do with my doing my job. Your politics or mine should have zero to do with hiring or firing an employee.

Actually it does - your political leanings demonstrate your thought process, interpretation of facts and to some extent your values.

I expect to hire someone capable of logical thought when presented the facts - anyone voting D the last few elections is totally void of reason and an undesirable addition to my team.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4574 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post