SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CEO Developed a "Snowflake" Test To Weed Out Pajama Boys
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CEO Developed a "Snowflake" Test To Weed Out Pajama Boys Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted
This is great, he is getting a lot of pressure for his company too.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video...-weed-005819769.html

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
He was on the local radio station here this morning. awesome guy and what a great idea with the snowflake test....if I were an employer there is no way id hire any of these entitled assholes!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Q1 - For whom did you vote in the Presidential primary, and in the general election?

I could never hire anyone who voted for the Hag, the Commie, Little Mario or didn't vote at all.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does my voting record have to do with my doing my job. Your politics or mine should have zero to do with hiring or firing an employee. If I choose to vote or not is my choice, which is what I thought the whole damn process was about in the first place.
You have plenty of reasons to not hire a millennial already, without throwing politics in it.

For those that care, yes I voted and no it WASN'T for the twattwaffle or the commie.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Q1 - For whom did you vote in the Presidential primary, and in the general election?

I could never hire anyone who voted for the Hag, the Commie, Little Mario or didn't vote at all.

What about someone such as myself who is not registered as being affiliated with any political party? In PA, primaries are closed, so I would not have voted in the primary, though I did in the general election.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
quote:

What about someone such as myself who is not registered as being affiliated with any political party? In PA, primaries are closed, so I would not have voted in the primary, though I did in the general election.

I'm a registered democrat in PA that's never voted democrat, yet voted in every election (my parents are seriously liberal).

Additionally, I hire and fire a decent amount of people and wouldn't ever ask who they vote for. As much as I hate the idea of hiring a Hilary supporter, I don't ask. I just fired a guy last week because of shitty work ethic, never being on time, and feeing entitled... their political beliefs usually shine through with their work ethic alone.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does my voting record have to do with my doing my job. Your politics or mine should have zero to do with hiring or firing an employee.

What does one's criminal history have to do with you doing your job? What does one's education have to do with you doing your job?

So many people want to boycott businesses who don't believe in their politics, so why shouldn't it be a two way street?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
IMHO, "doing one's job" is only part of employment--there is also the issue of maintaining a work space where folks are comfortable with each other. Very few jobs allow for total isolation from coworkers, and in today's fragmented confrontational society it can be difficult to avoid conflicts if the employees have too many virulent opposing views on matters. There are some people who should just not be allowed to associate with others at all, as they are totally unable to function within a group.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Dudes, lighten up. I'm not hiring anyone.

But, you getting butt hurt over some stranger on the internet, that you have never met, and never will meet saying that he wouldn't hire someone who has voted the way you have...

Well, I must say that sounds very snowflake to me.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:

But, you getting butt hurt over some stranger on the internet, that you have never met, and never will meet saying that he wouldn't hire someone who has voted the way you have...

Is it even legal to ask that question to someone interviewing for a job?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

Is it even legal to ask that question to someone interviewing for a job?

Except for disparate impact issues, I don't see an federal issue or in most states.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
So, is there a link to the actual test/quiz that isn't 99% clickbait?

I'd love to see it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
quote:

I'm a registered democrat in PA that's never voted democrat, yet voted in every election (my parents are seriously liberal).

Additionally, I hire and fire a decent amount of people and wouldn't ever ask who they vote for. As much as I hate the idea of hiring a Hilary supporter, I don't ask. I just fired a guy last week because of shitty work ethic, never being on time, and feeing entitled... their political beliefs usually shine through with their work ethic alone.

Sounds like you're near my AO (Lower Bucks here). I've never missed a general election, but recently I got so fed up that I changed my registration to "no party affiliation."

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I'd love to see it.

1. Outside of standard benefits, what benefits should a company offer employees?
2. What should the national minimum wage be?
3. How many sick days should be given to employees?
4. How often should employees get raises?
5. How do you feel about guns?
6. What are your feelings about employees or clients carrying guns?
7. What are your feelings about safe spaces in challenging work environments?
8. In a creative environment like The Silent Partner Marketing, what do you envision work attire looking like?
9. Should “trigger warnings” be issued before we release content for clients or the company that might be considered “controversial”?
10. How do you feel about police?
11. If you owned the company and were to find out that a client is operating unethically but was a high paying client…how would you handle it?
12. When was the last time you cried and why?
13. You arrive at an event for work and there’s a major celebrity you’ve always wanted to meet. What happens next?
14. What’s your favorite kind of adult beverage?
15. What’s the best way to communicate with clients?
16. What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
17. What are your thoughts on the current college environment as it pertains to a future workforce?
18. What’s your typical breakfast?
19. What’s your favorite drink when you go to a coffeehouse?
20. How do you handle bullies?
21. How do you handle it when your ideas are shot down?
22. What do you do if a coworker comes to the table with an idea and it sucks?
23. What does the first amendment mean to you?
24. What does faith mean to you?
25. Who is your role model and why?
26. "You're in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?"
27. What does America mean to you?
28. You see someone stepping on an American flag. What do you do?
29. What does “privilege” mean to you?
30. What’s more important? Book smarts or street smarts? Why?

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I would be very happy for a prospective employer to give me a quiz like that. After reading the questions I’d put my pencil down, hand everything back to the proctor, and say, “Thanks; that saved us both a lot of time and effort.” I’d rather know what sorts of beliefs and attitudes I’d have to face in a job before investing anything more in the process.

As for the legality of the questions, I believe most of them could be asked with no problem other than to demonstrate someone’s bizarre ideas of what’s important, but I’m not sure about the “faith” question. I believe it would be easy for someone who wasn’t hired to claim religious discrimination even if he just left that one blank.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
26. "You're in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?"

"No,thanks. I have my own." Big Grin

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I especially like the "What's the best way to communicate with clients?" question.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I especially like the "What's the best way to communicate with clients?" question.

I'm of two minds on that.

Face-to-face gives you a chance to assess the client and get a better feel for the person.

Email creates unequivocal documentation where your notes after a face-to-face are more subjective.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'll just say that I think I'd love to work for this guy.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
What does my voting record have to do with my doing my job. Your politics or mine should have zero to do with hiring or firing an employee. If I choose to vote or not is my choice, which is what I thought the whole damn process was about in the first place.
You have plenty of reasons to not hire a millennial already, without throwing politics in it.

For those that care, yes I voted and no it WASN'T for the twattwaffle or the commie.

As an employer it should be your choice who you hire, for whatever reason you choose.

Except for protected classes (race, religion, ethnicity) anything else should be up to the person doing the hiring who is spending his/her money.

If politics is important to them who are you to say they should not be allowed to take that into account in their hiring decision?
PS>I've hired and fired many, many people and this was never on my radar and I had good and bad employees who had polar opposite political views - I'm saying it should be up to the person doing the hiring to decide what is important to them.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post