SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christians in Sydney, Australia, are being advised to hide their crosses
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christians in Sydney, Australia, are being advised to hide their crosses Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
The question that immediately came to my mind when reading about this bore striking resemblance to a line from Full Metal Jacket:

"Why are you not stomping Pvt Pyle's guts out?"

Ask yourself: Could I honestly sit for long and watch that happen myself?

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
This Greek kid doesn't know his history. Greece had hells own time with the MooZ for several centuries. They were over run and subjugated. They were treated badly because they were Christans-Orthodox. Eventually the Greeks won their independence after a bloody war in 1829. The hatred is still there. I remember old timers spitting on the ground at the mention of Turkey or other Mooz nations. Modern nations that think the Mooz are peaceful and well meaning have not looked at history. They do not value life, and want to destroy Christianity and rule the world. They came close to exterminating the Orthodox Greeks in a campaign of religious hatred and intolerance. The left is doing a commendable job in helping achieve their goals.

Growing up Greek in NYC, I never connected the dots. Somehow, I equated the Otterman Empire with being just another despotic regime. My family was forcibly ejected from Constantinople back in the 20's and lost everything (except their lives thank God). My father was then born in Pa. But I digress.

The light bulb just barely popped on reading about the history of the past atrocities that were suffered back then--now I understand the reason for the depth of the animosity and distrust Greece has for Turkey.

Keep your firearms well maintained and fully loaded. Always.

It may start here again, but damn sure will end here.

Have you heard of the devshirme and the Janisarries? That would explain some of the hatred.

An excellent but forgotten film about the old country, Ottoman Empire, is America America, directed by Elia Kazan.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
The question that immediately came to my mind when reading about this bore striking resemblance to a line from Full Metal Jacket:

"Why are you not stomping Pvt Pyle's guts out?"

Ask yourself: Could I honestly sit for long and watch that happen myself?

I've never seen a fight like that and be able to sit idly by while someone was being bullied. Never will. Give up my faith, never will.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:...Wake up Australia... wake the HELL up.

Today Australia. Tomorrow, maybe somewhere closer to home.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Need to take some of their guests for a trip to the outback

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wake up Australia... wake the HELL up.

Wake the hell up, world; Europe is close to being a lost cause, thanks to the EU.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post