SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snagged an Apple Watch 3 Nike+ with cellular for $229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snagged an Apple Watch 3 Nike+ with cellular for $229 Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Wife texted me this morning that her Garmin ForeRunner was on the fritz.
She gets about 2 years out of them before they quit, this is her 2nd. Anniversary is next week so I have been looking for ideas anyway.
In looking at the Garmins, Suuntos, and Apple I came across Best Buy selling a new (not refurbished) Apple Watch 3 Nike+ with cellular for $229.
I found the non Nike+ refurb for $235.
So I snagged the new one from Best Buy. I figure either way it is a huge step up from her current ForeRunner on the fritz and for the price not sure the Apple can be beat.
Cellular may be nice so she need not take her phone on the run.

Bad impulse buy because of the price over other options in the price range?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Black92LX supports Colin Kaepernick! Booo! Hissssssss!

That’s a pretty nice price for a Watch. I’m waiting for the Gen 4s to drop in price so I can replace my Gen 1.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I had an Apple watch 2nd generation I think...I couldn't get a charge to last longer than 24 hours. I gave it to my daughter because her Garmin watch kept breaking its band. Hope you have better luck!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Love my gen 3 in stainless with cellular although I never activated the cellular. I use an iPhone so I can still use the watch as a phone via Bluetooth or if both phone and watch are on the same wifi. I bought a band that looks like a two tone oyster band to dress it up.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
I had an Apple watch 2nd generation I think...I couldn't get a charge to last longer than 24 hours. I gave it to my daughter because her Garmin watch kept breaking its band. Hope you have better luck!

You’re supposed to charge it every night.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Love my gen 3 in stainless with cellular although I never activated the cellular. I use an iPhone so I can still use the watch as a phone via Bluetooth or if both phone and watch are on the same wifi. I bought a band that looks like a two tone oyster band to dress it up.

Not sure if we’ll activate it or not.
If I could have found the no cellular cheaper may have gotten it. But at $8 a month may be nice for her not to have to take the phone at all running or at the gym.

————————————————

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What cellular service does that Watch operate on? I have a Verizon iPad that costs me $20/month.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Not sure if we’ll activate it or not.
If I could have found the no cellular cheaper may have gotten it. But at $8 a month may be nice for her not to have to take the phone at all running or at the gym.

My DIL is a runner so hers is activated so she doesn't need to carry her phone when running. I think it's about $10/month on Verizon.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What cellular service does that Watch operate on? I have a Verizon iPad that costs me $20/month.

They come unlocked so all carriers should be good.
I have AT&T for my current provider. They have a watch/wearable data plan for $10 a month and get 20% for work.
Not sure Verizon’s wearable plan cost.

————————————————