SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The never ending winter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The never ending winter Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Despite two absolutely gorgeous days last week of 80℉ weather after months of cold, damp, wet, overcast days, winter has let us know it isn't going away...yet. Frown

We have 6 inches of fresh very heavy wet snow on the ground and it hasn't stopped yet. ARGH!

We've also been setting records breaking century old marks for low highest temps of the day.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain! When I lived in the Twin Cities (MN) I hated the length of the winter weather more than the intensity of it. San Diego is so much more agreeable to me! Hope that you get better weather soon.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it. I took this picture this morning.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am somewhat jealous. It is 93 here in the land of The Mouse.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I am somewhat jealous. It is 93 here in the land of The Mouse.

I'm completely jealous. It's going to be close to 100 over the weekend and into next week. It's May. I hate summer.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
94 degrees here today. Hottest day of the year so far. Going to gradually increase through Sunday, which is forecast to be 97 or so.

Lawn is brown, bushes and grass are dying as we have no rain.

I don't need summer yet.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Up to 50 mph winds, mid 50 degrees and rain forecast today in northern AZ. This is the 3rd day of it. We should be into the 70s or even 80s by now.

From a very rare February 24" snow fall, to windy and wet spring. And we're expecting a wet monsoon summer from late June to late September. I hate it.

update: Snow is predicted for Wednesday and Thursday. Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
It's 70 degrees and sunny here. Absolutely beautiful. But I have to deal with all the commies year round. (And it just stopped raining after about 3 months of nonstop rain.)

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I've still got tree limbs down in my yard from the ice storm at the end of April and I haven't been able to get the equipment in to move them because it's still too damn wet! And today we've got 30 mph winds and rain!!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
37 last night when I went to bed. The last two days had record breaking rain. And we are on track to beat the record of 238 straight days below 70 degrees.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Not looking forward to the heat in South Carolina coming up. Fortunately I get a home trip this weekend, and we're going to Cuba NM, highs in the low 70s. Plus, El Bruno's Restaurante!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
News just reported that the National Weather Service says we'll get 10 inches where I'm at when all is said and done. Much more in higher elevations like Lead and Deadwood.

And yes, it is STILL snowing here at 4,000' SW of Rapid City.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
90 here, spent the day in the mountains fly fishing in mid 80s!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW, May 20th!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I could post a snow picture much like Goat’s. Still snowing, but we have the added joy of 20-30 mph winds—gusts higher. Helluva spring. I sympathize with those with temps in the 90s, but something between those extremes and the 29* and 6-7” of snow here sounds about right.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have about 8" here in the southern Black Hills at about 5000' and still falling. Wettest snow possible! Areas under big pine trees are open, horse pens are a muck hole. Big clumps of heavy snow snow falling off trees, and the snow from last night has already slid off the metal roof. Sounds like buckets of dirt hitting the deck. Funny to watch the deer and turkeys laying under the trees on grass then a clump of snow falls and everybody runs around for a minute The USFS has announced that many trails and gravel roads are closed until it dries up. Luckily no fire calls, but EMS calls will be interesting off the paved highways. Listening to Custer County road guys on the radio clearing the fallen trees that are blocking the back roads. They are very busy!
But nothing like down south with their storms, wind, and tornados!!!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Front porch this afternoon. Picture doesn't show it very well but it is still coming down. Frown

Jim, the news this evening showed a snow plow and an ambulance having slid off RT16 between Rapid and Mt. Rushmore. Treacherous driving with many routes having no travel advisories. Keystone and Mt Rushmore lost power closing everything. Power is supposed to be back late tonight.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
wow
It was 89 today and supposed to be in the mid 90 by the end of the week.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
We have been in the 70's several times, but haven't hit 80 yet. Snow in the higher elevations all around us, but cold rain here. More of that GLOBAL WARMING I guess.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Front porch this afternoon. Picture doesn't show it very well but it is still coming down. Frown

Jim, the news this evening showed a snow plow and an ambulance having slid off RT16 between Rapid and Mt. Rushmore. Treacherous driving with many routes having no travel advisories. Keystone and Mt Rushmore lost power closing everything. Power is supposed to be back late tonight.

Is that the barbie in the foreground? Love BBQ, but maybe a while for you. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post