SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well that was a wild repo ride!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well that was a wild repo ride!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Quite the repo ride!!!!

That was pretty crazy! Tow truck driver would be off to jail lickity split

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The comments escalated quickly!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I've drug my share of cars down the road a bit, but nothing nearly as fabulous as that.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Don't the people who are repo'ing a car usually want it back in better shape than that? Goodness.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Don't the people who are repo'ing a car usually want it back in better shape than that? Goodness.

The company's slogan is we will repo the vehicle guaranteed, No Matter What.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

You'd be surprised. There were a few cars that we snatched out of pure stubbornness after going round and round with the debtor. it became more important to get the car away from the debtor regardless of the residual value of the car. Sometimes you get pissed off.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is possibly the worst citizen activist action cameraman job I've ever seen. If you're gonna film idiots doing stupid things at least do a good job filming them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Pathetic.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely a heap of fail on both sides of that video.

Tow driver and the guy recording it.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1933 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tow driver and the guy recording it.

And the guy who jumped up and rode on the back of the tow truck. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Here's a video of a guy that was a driver for our company. He was repoing the truck he was driving with the sherif behind him with the dash cam.

He survived and after a few surgeries lives a fairly normal life.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/DQJH3lJdVWs

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Jebus H Cripes.

What was he thinking? And how did he survive? It looks like that train just destroyed the cab of that truck.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
No front wheels? Probably did that thinking then it wouldn't be able to get repo'd. I worked for a guy at Sears who kept his car at his dad's house because his dad had a garage so the repo man couldn't take the car back. Idiot filming said repo guy was trying to steal his car. If the car isn't paid off, it still belongs to the bank/lien holder.

I thought it was funny after the cops got there. Cop gets out and he kind of has this look on his face like, "fuck, how do I sort this one out? Looks like it's going to be a lot of paperwork..." LOL.

Posts: 13092 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Just read a news article that made what the tow truck driver did make a bit more sense.

The repo took place in Compton. That Compton. The one talked about in rap songs. After hooking to the car and pulling away the car's owner jumped on the tow truck, and two other cars full of his friends gave chase.

I wouldn't have stopped either. Apparently the repo agent and the "owner" of the car were sent on their separate ways once the police cleared things up.

www.zykansafe.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
The repo took place in Compton. That Compton. The one talked about in rap songs. After hooking to the car and pulling away the car's owner jumped on the tow truck, and two other cars full of his friends gave chase.

Thought that accent was familiar. Straight OUTA Compton. Usual approach is to bust a cap in his ass. Considerable restraint for the area.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post