SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alright. Just saw this at Coast To Coast. Who won the internet today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alright. Just saw this at Coast To Coast. Who won the internet today. Login/Join 
posted
This guy.....

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not so sure I'd call it a success. He wrecked his car, blew out all 4 tires and got arrested.

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That pic is the Blues Brothers....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah not too successful however, I just thought it was funny. Come on... I think we can all admit it has crossed our minds.

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
What a yutz!

In what universe was that a good idea?

Darwin's mouth was watering for that one, but give it time and Darwin will have him eventually.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
it's not like it was a nice car from the picture, probably fun as hell. be worth sacrificing a car just once.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it it has cop suspension and cop tires, so I wouldn't worry.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Wow, just wow.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

Here you go Fuzz.
https://www.clickondetroit.com...-detroits-west-side/

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Rumor has it it has cop suspension and cop tires, so I wouldn't worry.

Fix the cigarette lighter

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

Here you go Fuzz.
https://www.clickondetroit.com...-detroits-west-side/

Thank you. The reporter killed me. Funny guy.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Update...

Luke Duke he is not....

https://www.clickondetroit.com...-fort-street-bridge/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see someone try that in a Tesla at 93MPH!

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah not too successful however, I just thought it was funny. Come on... I think we can all admit it has crossed our minds.

No, I can truly say that in all of my 76 years I have NEVER wanted to "air-borne" my vehicle! I have too many memories of accidently hitting six-inch potholes at full speed in a car. (Now, bicycles back in my young and naïve days is another story....)

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Whippets are nothing new. They've been around for years and years. Went to a Halloween party years and years ago where a guy dressed as a doctor (scrubs, stethoscope, etc.) was giving out whippet hits as "medication."

They're just compressed Nitrous Oxide (N2O), aka: "Laughing gas." Dentists and chiropractors still use it. But they don't feed it straight to patients. They mix it with oxygen.

In fact: Most fillings I get, if they're shallow enough, I request nitrous rather than numbing. It's a pleasant buzz that wears off nearly immediately after the nitrous component is turned off. You still feel the pain--if there is any, you just don't care so much Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

I unexpectedly went airborne on my Husqvarna racing dirt bike, an "informal" race, we were both at top end. The mind was almost instantaneous: clamp knees on to the tank, weight near the back tire, lay forward, front wheel up, be ready to brake rear tire. One wrong move and it would be over. I finally stopped, got off the bike, laid down for a breather. The "thrill" was not worth the possible consequences.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Back in recent history, some old guy/fool got one of the Hellcats for a test drive. It was in Buena Vista, Co. He got permission from the airport (CCRA) to run it on the runway. The first run worked pretty good, so he ran it south. It was apparently so much fun he didn't realize the markings were for the end of the runway. So he applied the brakes. Maybe the brakes weren't as good as the motor. Who knows. He flew over the first ravine but landed in the next one. Kind of kilified himself and the guy riding with him. I never did get to read the news article because I was cheap and didn't pay.

Looks like the flyer in the OPs photo was up pretty high.

Wasn't there a similar thing done with a Sidewinder motor strapped to the top of an old Impala. He tried to brake, too. Hit a cliff while it was still burning. Durn rockets just don't know when to stop.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Give the guy a break as it's Detroit. Who here would want to stop moving? Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy sent it!

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post