SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hawaiians receive a false alarm of incoming missile
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaiians receive a false alarm of incoming missile Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
But it was a drill. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Nobody got my Makita joke.

Oh I got the joke, and laughed heartily at it. I have a Makita Drill, but not the screwdriver...

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Nobody got my Makita joke.

Well, it was just a drill.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

https://twitter.com/davidshepa...s/958365663940182016

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Horse

Shit

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
^^^ Agreed...Somebody is trying the only gambit they could think of to save their job.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just when you thought the clown shoes couldn't get any bigger (from kkina's link above):

quote:
During the investigation, Oliveira said the employee, who had worked at the agency for 10 years, had a history of confusing drills and real-world events. At least two prior incidents had occurred, after which corrections were made and the employee was counselled.

Sure, let's put a person with a demonstrable record of not being able to tell fantasy from reality in charge of the big red button! What could possibly go wrong?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The imbecile was fired. As some speculated, he was probably a political hack who did all of this out of his hate for the President. It likely all came to a head so they finally had to can him, especially since he apparently was not cooperating at all.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the investigation, Oliveira said the employee, who had worked at the agency for 10 years, had a history of confusing drills and real-world events. In fact, the worker had made similar mistakes twice before, officials said.

SMH

HI-EMA’s Miyagi resigns, ‘button pusher’ fired in aftermath of false missile alert
quote:
According to Oliveira’s report, the employee has been a source of concern for over 10 years because of poor performance and had been counseled.

Oliveira said the fired employee had confused drills for real events at least twice before, once for a fire and once for a tsunami and had been “counseled.”

quote:
The male warning officer, HI-EMA officials revealed last week, was not cooperating with either the FCC or internal investigations into the Jan. 13 event.

Lt. Col. Chuck Anthony, a HI-EMA spokesman, said “there’s really no law” to force the former employee, who was an HGEA union member, to participate in the investigations.

“We did ask for voluntary cooperation. He’s the only one that didn’t cooperate,” Anthony said, although, he said the man did provide HI-EMA with a written statement.

Roll Eyes he fucked up, froze, then called his foreman for advice.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post