SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hawaiians receive a false alarm of incoming missile
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaiians receive a false alarm of incoming missile Login/Join 
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Not to make light of this but I'll take a false alarm any day over the real thing.

When something like this things happens you definitely reevaluate your current situation.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jamie Lee Curtis weighs in from a Twitter: Roll Eyes

This Hawaii missle scare is on YOU Mr. Trump. The real FEAR that mothers & fathers & children felt is on YOU. It is on YOUR ARROGANCE. HUBRIS. NARCISSISM. RAGE. EGO. IMMATURITY and your UNSTABLE IDIOCY. Shame on your hate filled self. YOU DID THIS!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Blame Trump! Roll Eyes

You can't make up shit this stupid.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Hmmm, yeah, that's surely not unhinged, is it?

Classic TDS.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
In other news...there were many awkward moments as guys grabbed the gal next to them and went out with a grin......What do you mean "false alarm"?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

This Hawaii missle scare is on YOU Mr. Trump. The real FEAR that mothers & fathers & children felt is on YOU. It is on YOUR ARROGANCE. HUBRIS. NARCISSISM. RAGE. EGO. IMMATURITY and your UNSTABLE IDIOCY. Shame on your hate filled self. YOU DID THIS!

No Ms Curtis. It's on Kim, and Ayatolla(sp?), and enemies like them.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just let it all out Jamie Lee. Don't let logic stand in the way of your feelings. (Which, by the way, we don't care to know.)

I didn't know she was crazy; until she showed me.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The accounts from Hawaii are wild. A moto group I follow on Facebook has a few people posting about how the roads turned into a race track and people really freaked out.

I didn't see any of that...took at least 40 minutes from the original "incoming" announcement to the "all-clear" false alarm, so for 40 minutes or so, nobody really knew if it was real or not, no sirens went off so we suspected it was a screw up, and it was. It was supposed to be a internal "drill" by the Office of Emergency Management or something like that, a part of our Civil Defense system but somebody screwed up big time.

But really didn't see any panic where I was, West heading into town (Oahu), after grabbing some breakfast from Jack in the Box (still gotta eat you know). Neighbor islands I don't know...could have been crazy. No emergency TV announcements, radio was down, so I give our Civil Defense a big "F" for the day. The testing of the Nuclear Attack sirens last month had some glitches as well.

Better enjoy your Macadamia nuts while you still can!

Aloha!! Over & Out.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Kim may also be breathing a sigh of relief that the mistake didn’t prompt an armed response. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
I talked with a buddy of mine this morning. The message came in as they were driving to breakfast. He says they passed tons of folks just standing outside in their pj/shorts/etc with phones in hand looking out to sea.

Maybe trying to get a selfie with the missile in the background?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I thought I liked JLC but she had to go and open her mouth and show what an arrogant fool she really is

gee Jamie....get out much? Didn't think so.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Quick, Control-Z. Control-Z. Control-Z. Control-Z.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was an Amber Alert issued while I was "running" on an Elliptical at the gym this morning. Sounded like the place was on fire with so many phones going off. Fortunately no smoke or fire so I could continue but good grief that siren is LOUD. Yeah, I have the Alert Siren shut off on my phone.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have read and heard countless comments ridiculing the “duck and cover” advice of the 1950s and ’60s to respond to a nuclear attack, and this reminded me of all that.

If we’re too close to a nuclear burst then nothing we do will make any difference. If we’re far enough away, we can limber up our video cameras and entertain the folks even farther away. If, however, we’re at an intermediate distance, then where we are and what we’re doing can be the difference between living and dying. If it’s the latter, those factors will also dictate how unpleasant we find the experience. A culvert would be excellent shelter, but it would take a previous real attack to convince many people to actually stop their cars and slither through the mud on the basis of a text warning.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out here...there's not a whole lot of below ground (basement) type buildings, and with only 20 - 25 minutes or so between warning and impact from N. Korea... Mad Not a whole lot we can do, "shelter in place"...at home (if we're lucky to be there) put up plastic sheeting/duct tape over the windows, hunker down...thats it, guess I better get around to ordering the anti radiation coveralls, gas masks, and anti radiation pills, stock up on food/water...then what?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Quick, Control-Z. Control-Z. Control-Z. Control-Z.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Out here...there's not a whole lot of below ground (basement) type buildings, and with only 20 - 25 minutes or so between warning and impact from N. Korea... Mad Not a whole lot we can do, "shelter in place"...at home (if we're lucky to be there) put up plastic sheeting/duct tape over the windows, hunker down...thats it, guess I better get around to ordering the anti radiation coveralls, gas masks, and anti radiation pills, stock up on food/water...then what?

Sail boat to another island?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
regardless who is at fault, if I lived there I would be needing a few pair of Depends.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Did someone confuse Hawaii for a shit hole?

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professional lurker
Picture of shake zula
posted Hide Post
Not the first time it's happened. Probably won't be the last either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu4r79l8P8I

Posts: 387 | Location: A few miles south of Kansas City | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post