SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Free KPI dashboards you guys recommend?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Any Free KPI dashboards you guys recommend? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
So I've got a new CRM that we rolled out about 6 weeks or so ago. We are up and running in it.

I'm rolling out some additional productivity Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the team. We are in a production environment so I want to be able to better track where people can improve.

The productivity reports from the System are spit out in a Crystal Reports Viewer Window. I can Export in Crystal Reports (RPT), Rich Text (RTF) AND PDF.

I'm hoping to find a free KPI dashboard type tool that I can play with to build a KPI chart. However I'd rather not have to manually load the data by typing it in.

Worse case something I can at least set the required KPI standards. Then I can go straight down a column and plug in actual productivity.

What say you guys?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
What are your business objectives?

Which part of CRM; marketing automation, salesforce automation or customer support and service?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
What are your business objectives?

Which part of CRM; marketing automation, salesforce automation or customer support and service?

So my team is responsible for making placements.

My sales people bring in contract or perm jobs to fill. My team (recruiters) are responsible for finding the people for the jobs. There is a lot of horse power and activities that have to happen. It's a very metrics driven environment.

There are industry standards for recruiters in IT.
Example: 3 interviews = 1 hire. 3 submittals = 1 interview. 9-10 submittals = 1 hire. 40 submittals a month = 4 hires.

With this new CRM I can track calls & emails as well. So I have a new data point on how you get to the above figure. So say 10 calls a day equals 50 calls a week. KPI being 200 calls a week or whatever.

I want to build a dashboard where I can have a visualization of where someone's performance is compared to industry standards. If I can set the KPI metrics then manually enter their current performance. It will help me coach them on my bi-weekly individual meetings.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Use a few KPI's, don't go looking to build 20 or more. Develop the few KPI's (<6)that are most valuable to you and measuring the performance of your team. I suggest you start with the ones that you were already using and if you want to add one or two more for some extra insight/capabilities feel free to do so, but understand you may be encroaching on territory and areas that may create cultural pushback from those that you're measuring.

That means don't go overboard do just a few to get started create some baseline measurements and then look for opportunities to improve from there. You also may wish to categorize your KPI's into tangible versus intangible benefits or cash or non-cash benefits. This is important that you understand the nature of the benefits that you're trying to achieve.

Most importantly is to understand in business terms of where you're trying to go and then tie that back to a handful of measures and metrics that allow you to simply translate what you're measuring to your business objectives.

Often people/clients go looking for a generic set (industry-standard) of KPI's that are considered industry-standard But they won't be applicable to your business. One size fits all never works. If you still going down this path, Gartner has in their research a list of business KPI's that are rather generic but you're like the pay $10,000 or more to get it. I wouldn't suggest that route.

Why did you buy the CRM tool? What Problem are you seeking the solve?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Why did you buy the CRM tool? What Problem are you seeking the solve?

Good insights. I'd be measuring them on the KPI they are already measured by. Only adding call volumn to the KPIs.

We got rid of our old CRM (Maxhire) due to it no longer being supported in the future. It was bought by a competitor years ago. They bought it buy the customer base and kill the product.

The new one is more relational & functional. Reporting is better our of it as well. So we can try to move away from a lot of the manual reports our admin was doing in the past. PLUS I can pull real time reports at any time. Not have to wait for weekly reports.