SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a solution for Mole/Vole issues.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a solution for Mole/Vole issues..... Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
We have them in spades. I've tried just about everything available. I don't want them to relocate, I want them dead. Any help will be appreciated...Thanks Guys.....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
This:

http://www.victorpest.com/vict...i-_SdxX6YaAiZ68P8HAQ

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assault rat poison is like crack for them. I spread a pack over ~3 spots along the tunnel, couple days later, no more tunnels. Concentrate on fresh tunnels, place at Ys.
A 1-gal bucket was $50, it's lasted 3 years & will probably last 2-3 more.

Traps don't work for me - too sandy, they dig under/around it or set it off before going through.
I tried the bait that looks like gummy worms - works, but maybe not quite as good as assault & too expensive.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I have been unsuccessful at getting rid of moles.
However I am thinking this might work.

Pesky little critters have beat me every time.
Problem with snidera's solution is I have a dog.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Get rid of the grubs they feed on and they go away.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Eliminate their entrances to your spaces.

Poison if possible.

Kill with traps if not. I've found peanut butter on traditional snap traps to be quite effective against our voles. Eliminating entrances to the garage, shed, and house also was quite effective in them taking up residence elsewhere this winter. I managed to kill one very skinny looking vole, and haven't seen evidence since. I suspect they're living at my neighbors house now. I'm sure given the way they keep their house, they have no idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had them at the new house. I used a granular poison broadcast to kill the grubs and the poison gummy worms placed in their fresh tunnels killed them.
Haven't had sign of them since.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I've heard this many times, but how to kill the grubs? I looked at Lowes and they had 5 different products to apply for them. 4 of those required watering in. 1 only worked with direct contact!

I can't water in due to low water pressure and large area to treat.

So what to use that doesn't require watering in... or apply the others in the rain! Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Yes, but MY yard has been overrun by a group of miniature Schnauzers......

Ummmmm, how do I rid myself of these angry little ruffians??? Eek

I seem to have run out of bacon. Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Yes, but MY yard has been overrun by a group of miniature Schnauzers......

Ummmmm, how do I rid myself of these angry little ruffians??? Eek

I seem to have run out of bacon. Big Grin

Yorkies.

My parents have one that's particularly vicious, and weighs in around 17lb (he's convinced he weighs 110 though.)

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Suppressed 22.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Most of their diet consists of earthworms.

I tried killing grubs with an insecticide for soil insects. A few hours later, I found two dead Robins in my yard. I quit trying to kill grubs after that.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Perhaps an aggressive outdoor kitty or two could help.
Sam, my outdoor cat, is pouncing death from above, as far as these critters are concerned.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first to say blow them mf'ers up with the Rodenator:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fIMfir6r1Rc

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
What in the name of heaven is that guy using to explode their tunnels?!!

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The website says Oxygen and Propane ignited. Looks like fun. Don't try this at home!!! Kind of like using dynamite to blow out the stump in your front yard. Neighbors in a subdivision might be aggravated.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
My exterminator guy put some white granular stuff on the lawn to kill the food source for the moles. Took about a month or so and the moles were gone. We had what it seemed alot.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Couple of ten year old boys with pellet guns.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zebulon:
We have them in spades. I've tried just about everything available. I don't want them to relocate, I want them dead. Any help will be appreciated...Thanks Guys.....Zebulon

I want you to get this fuck where he breathes! I want you to find this mole/vole, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post