SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today's Aggravating Incident: The Truck That Was Slammed Into Last Month, Would Not Shut Off Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's Aggravating Incident: The Truck That Was Slammed Into Last Month, Would Not Shut Off Today Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Somebody recently posted that The Universe knows when you have a spare dollar.

Today, we were getting my delivery truck ready for a trip this coming week. Moved it up to the front of the hangar, where it was convenient to load it.

Could NOT shut the engine off. Mad The ignition switch was jammed. Frozen in the "on" position. We could not turn it. It was locked solid.

I wound up calling a locksmith. "House call" on Sunday overtime. He removed the defective lock cylinder from the steering column and installed a replacement. Nice guy, I asked him about his speech accent as I could not identify it. Israeli.

$303.00 Mad Mad Mad

Edit to re-rant: I can't even post correctly. This was supposed to be in the "What's Your Deal" section. Mad

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Ugggg!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When things like this happen I try to think about how it could be worse. It sometimes helps a little. LOL

When I was a graduate student my key broke off in the ignition in the middle of an intersection at four in the morning. The car then promptly stalled and by the time the locksmith arrived the battery was dead. He helped push it out of the intersection and was able to jumpstart it. I then followed him to his business where he made another key. I could not afford a new battery at the time so remembered to park on hills.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Pull the radiator cap off and drive a Toyota under it. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Pull the radiator cap off and drive a Toyota under it. Smile
What, and stop having all this fun?

I don't think I've ever seen a Toyota with a 12-foot cargo box. Isuzu with the tilt cab yeah, but I can't remember seeing a Toyota delivery truck. Ours is a GMC 3500.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post