SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First Time Experience After Years of Flying With a Firearm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Time Experience After Years of Flying With a Firearm Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I flew American to Houston and back last week. I flew out of my small regional airport to Chicago to catch a bigger plane to Houston. On the return, it was Houston to Dallas and then straight home from there.

I tried to check in on Saturday night and get my seat assignments. I got a message saying I could not do so as I had a firearm. Needless to say, I declared my firearm and the agent must have then flagged my name.

I called American Saturday and was told I had to check in with an agent. I told him that is what I have done for years. I told him all I wanted to do was check in and get upgraded seats. I told him I had no intention of trying to "sneak" my firearm past anyone.

I intend to send a message to American today and see if this is some new program.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I flew American to Houston and back last week. I flew out of my small regional airport to Chicago to catch a bigger plane to Houston. On the return, it was Houston to Dallas and then straight home from there.

I tried to check in on Saturday night and get my seat assignments. I got a message saying I could not do so as I had a firearm. Needless to say, I declared my firearm and the agent must have then flagged my name.

I called American Saturday and was told I had to check in with an agent. I told him that is what I have done for years. I told him all I wanted to do was check in and get upgraded seats. I told him I had no intention of trying to "sneak" my firearm past anyone.

I intend to send a message to American today and see if this is some new program.

I have had the same thing for the last 3 years. Could select seats but not check in for the return. Although last week, I was able to check into MSP for my return trip through the mobile app. I was surprised. Not a big deal either way, IMO - you still have to check your bag with the agent.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Last time I flew same thing on my return flight. It is like everything else that doesn't make sense--I declared it on my way out, why wouldn't I on the way back?

Then the whole zip tying my bag bullshit...

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post