SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democrats demand SCOTUS to "heal or be restructured"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democrats demand SCOTUS to "heal or be restructured" Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
Perhaps Justice Roberts should call a special session to have the Democrats explain this threat.

https://ijr.com/senate-democra...eal-or-restructured/

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Democrats making yet another pointless gesture.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I have truly come to loath and despise these far-left political extremists and, frankly, I don’t know how this isn’t considered coercion and extortion other then thanks to the cover provided by a friendly media\propaganda machine.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
People who only complain that the game isn't fair when they lose, shouldn't be allowed to play.

Just like the whining about the electoral college.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's exactly right!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
When RBG even says it's a stupid idea you know you are barking at the moon.

A lot of people think that China is the biggest threat to America. They're wrong, it's the crazy left that is the biggest threat by far.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
At the risk of stating the obvious:

Separation of powers as laid out by our forefathers was one of their many wise bequests to us.

They wouldn't hold this view were the court set in their favor.

These hypocritical fools never met a double-standard they wouldn't embrace.

It is a threat, plain & simple.

Eventually they will have pushed too far...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It is becoming more and more clear the Democrats want everything changed to follow their doctrine. If things don't change, they will be forced to change.

If that isn't the seeds of tyranny, I am not sure what is.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha. The GOP has screamed when the court is too liberal and needs healing.

One thing I personally DO agree with is a term-limit for SCOTUS Justices. When life spans were 50-60, a lifetime appointment of a 45 YO Justice made sense. When a 50 YO justice gets on the bench, likely looking at a 25-year term, minimum. I'd support a hard term limit of 20 years, maybe even 15.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't remember anyone from the GOP sending them letters threatening them.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The left is simply scared. They've had the wind behind them for so long that the slightest headwind leaves them enervated and gasping for air. Their instinct then is to scream "not fair!" and want to change the rules.

Not a chance, commie filth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think the house cleaning will need to be done by voters. There should be defeat dealt to all democrats for the next 50 years. Send these America haters back to the stone age of history. We are obligated. 50 years and maybe as many as 100.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Y'know, there's a difference between making this threat as a Senator in the minority and as a sitting President with the ability to gather a majority vote in the Senate. In other words, Blumenthal, Whitehouse, Gillibrand, Hirono and Durbin are not, collectively, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Nor, incidentally, is this the 1930s.

(In case anyone's curious - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...time_that_saved_nine )

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Y'know, there's a difference between making this threat as a Senator in the minority and as a sitting President with the ability to gather a majority vote in the Senate. In other words, Blumenthal, Whitehouse, Gillibrand, Hirono and Durbin are not, collectively, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Nor, incidentally, is this the 1930s.

(In case anyone's curious - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...time_that_saved_nine )
Hmmmm, consider....

Blumenthal - IQ = 70
Whitehouse - IQ = 65
Gillibrand - IQ = 60
Hirono - IQ = Did not register
Durbin - IQ = 80

Yet again, the dumbest among us are the loudest. We need to beat back this trend, hard.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
A lot of people think that China is the biggest threat to America. They're wrong, it's the crazy left that is the biggest threat by far.

Jim
Dennis Prager has been saying this for YEARS!!! And he is VERY careful to point out the difference between Liberals and Leftists. Alan Dershowitz is a Liberal...a smart one at that. AOC, et. al., is a LEFTIST.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Any institution that doesn't go their way needs to be changed.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The left is simply scared. They've had the wind behind them for so long that the slightest headwind leaves them enervated and gasping for air. Their instinct then is to scream "not fair!" and want to change the rules.

Not a chance, commie filth.

^^Well said.^^
It should be noted that scared dogs can be dangerous and should be watched VERY closely.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The democrats keep showing us they're fascists. They should never be given power again.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I don't remember anyone from the GOP sending them letters threatening them.

I don't think it's ever happened, but obama threatened SCOTUS over obamacare.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that isn't the seeds of tyranny, I am not sure what is.

Local talk guy today when talking about this story asked "How do you spell tyranny?" Rhetorical question. First caller said it's spelled "D-E-M-O-C-R-A-T"

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post