SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "The Color of War: At Ease"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Color of War: At Ease" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
On the Military History channel.

I ve always known and appreciated that I have had a (relatively) easy life in the best country in the world, thanks to our warriors who ve served our nation since its birth.

But sometimes these excellent documentaries really bring it home.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
On the Military History channel.

I ve always known and appreciated that I have had a (relatively) easy life in the best country in the world, thanks to our warriors who ve served our nation since its birth.

But sometimes these excellent documentaries really bring it home.

Yes, it is unfortunate that so many in this country today have little to no idea what WW2 alone cost us in terms of those killed. One source indicates that some 410,000 Americans died in WW2, as a result of enemy action.

http://www.answers.com/Q/How_m...illed_in_World_War_2

How many American people fought in World War 2?
Between the armed forces, navy, and air force, about 13 million American men and women served in WW2 (450,000 died, 950,000 were injured).

And, perhaps, the greater tragedy is that so many of the younger generation here have little to no idea about WW2, or even who fought against whom.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post