SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert... Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
No.

Not just no, but hell no.

I'd rather go get a root canal and colonoscopy in the same day.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Fuck that asshole.
I walked out of a Jackson Browne concert last year after he started bitching about gun control and the Republicans. Not why I went.
And it hurt, no bigger Jackson fan than me in the 70-80s.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have no interest in being around a bunch of hypocrite liberal fuckheads for any reason. I wouldn't go.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Couldn't make me go.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way about Neil Young. I've recently committed to seeing him before he croaks, but I've heard that his concerts are filled with liberal crap. It's too bad that I love his music.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Fuck him. See if you can get a refund on your tickets and explain why. If you paid with charge card you could contest the charge as service was not described correctly as you didn't pay for political propaganda.

How could you possibly enjoy the show with lib fucks all around you howling with joy as the Trump bashing was going on. Would you pay to go to a DNC convention?

I would rather have another cystoscopy.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
there is no way i would pay to be subjected to that crap

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Since you already have the tickets I would say go. However wearing a MAGA hat might be unwise considering the violent left.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be torn. The guy openly supports anti-Israel groups and seems to be fine with violence against them in their own land.

Bugger off, Roger.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Couldn't make me go.
Don't support what you don't support.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Should I go?”

I absolutely cannot believe that that is a serious question from anyone who doesn’t totally agree with the sentiments expressed by that image. The regressive left has done everything possible to try to tar President Trump and his supporters with the “hate” brush, and yet something like that is considered by the same slanderers to be not only acceptable, but praiseworthy.

I used to participate in a local writing group’s activities and shortly after the election one of its members recited a poem decrying “hate.” Although not mentioned specifically, it was a clear reference to Trump and people like me who were appalled by the thought of what might have been. That was the last time I associated with that group.

“Should I go?” Truly?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Do you want to hear the music?

I am going to Guns and Roses in a few days.... From what I hear, Axel Rose gives a anti Trump tirade during the show..

This will be my one, and only most likely chance to see GnR in my life (since last time they were here, they started an honest to god riot....)

I'll go see them as they are my second favorite band ever... If he rants, then so what. I'll be goddamned if Axel Rose is going to influence my voting....

I'll see them rock out, and then dismiss his bullshit because he is Axel Rose, and a douchebag, but a douchebag with a good rock voice and can put on a good show (hopefully).

He will dance and sing like the little monkey I pay him to dance and sing like.... And I will enjoy it.

If he has a problem and wants to jump into the crowd again (to the 25th row where I'm sitting) he can try... I'll end the riot this time...

Otherwise, play the damn songs and shut up.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Going on an anti-Trump tirade once or twice during the show is one thing, but this prick seems to go way beyond that. His whole show seems to encapsulate that commie, ignorant crap. I've been to concerts where between songs the singer might throw some politics in that I disagree with, but once he's back on the music I can get back to enjoying myself. This is not that.

How could any free loving American even enjoy the music with that garbage all around him? It looks like it's a constant theme. Absolutely freakin' no way would I subject myself to that. No way. Jesus Christ, those images are infuriating me now just looking at them; I couldn't imagine actually being there what that would do to my mood.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I know that most actors and singers are liberals. I'm OK with that and usually am OK with just ignoring it and enjoying the performance. However, there are a few who go beyond that and are actively anti-American and work to destroy the country. Those very few, I refuse to support in any way. This guy appears to be one of those virulent nutjobs and I would never support him in any way. It's one thing to just disagree politically, it's another to actively work to tear down the country.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I would go, but be prepared to protest his fascist remarks/acts if he goes that far, complete with a MAGA t-shirt and/or hat. Otherwise, I would sell the tickets and donate the money to Trump 2020 in Waters' honor, then send him a card to let him know.

To hell with him and any other fascist entertainer that wants to pollute the air with their sick views.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'd go for the music. I'm not voting for the guy.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

You are definitely not voting for him, but you are funding that display, enlarging his platform, and amplifying his message by going.

Don't get me wrong, it is totally your right and your decision on whether to go and to decide whether or not it bothers you, but you cannot deny that by going you are funding and furthering his message.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

You are definitely not voting for him, but you are funding that display, enlarging his platform, and amplifying his message by going.

Don't get me wrong, it is totally your right and your decision on whether to go and to decide whether or not it bothers you, but you cannot deny that by going you are funding and furthering his message.

Yes. Well said, as usual.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Screw him! Get your money back and spend your money on something that won't make you lose it in a crowd of intolerant leftists.

Wife wanted to go to a Katy Perry show and I said I'd rather smash my big toe with a 2# sledge hammer.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another idea:

Find the smelliest, most decrepit, flithiest pair of Winos you can. Give them the tickets....and a cab ride to the venue.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post