SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert... Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
See the crap he has spewed (not music) it would be hard for me to enjoy and would just sell the tickets.
Even if I couldn't sell them I don't think I would go.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sell the ticket. Refuse to give a dime.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Wear a MAGA hat - and enjoy the music with a smile.

+1
And walk out when the idiocy begins.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Sell the ticket. Refuse to give a dime.

I bet some ANTIFA types would buy them.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
as much as I like Pink Floyd, I wouldn't spend a dime to go see Waters live.

the political pontificating would ruin the music, and they'd probably confiscate the MAGA hat as being an incitement of hatred

I'd try to sell them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The guy had never lived in the real world. He doesn't understand us little people.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Fuck that, no way in hell would I go

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'd put them on one of the reselling sites.... I'd rather lose money than go see that or spend time surrounded by thousands of people who DON'T have a problem with it.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Go and enjoy it to the degree possible.

Donate at least the price of the tickets to your choice of the JPFO, NRA, DHFC, NRC, or your state Republican Party; whatever you want. Money trumps boycotting.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I would sell the tickets. I like a few of their albums but would not pay money to be subjected to that shit. The hell with him - he should stay on his side of the pond and limit his opinions to that side as well.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
go

enjoy it for the music etc,
ignore the rest

This. I really would like to see him but the cost of the show is too rich for me. If I were able to splurge I would go and ignore the political BS.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I would not go.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I would really like to see David Gilmour.
Forget Waters.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was another member on a different website and he went to the concert. He said most of the show was him going on a tyrade about repubs in general and of course Trump. I have seen on Youtube a few clips of his concert and it was enough to get me to turn them off. Tons of idiots in the audience applauding his remarks. I couldn't go to the show/concert without getting p.o..

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the additional information I would sell the tickets. You should be able to get face value or more. This looks more like a political rally than a concert. That is not what I paid for. That is way beyond acceptable. I wonder if he will lead the audience in chants. RIDICULOUS.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
I would really like to see David Gilmour.
Forget Waters.

This. I wouldn't be able to handle the show, based on the images posted. No way.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I think I would be disappointed if I stayed home. Pretty sure I'd be pissed if I went. I might have a hard time keeping my mouth shut if I was standing next to a libtard. Rather be disappointed.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
And I have a problem with entertainers that bring their warped political views and make it part of the show for those who buy tickets to their shit. This is precisely what Waters did for this tour; he made the bashing of Trump as part of his art, as part of his concert. Here is a sample:

[/url]

Yeah, subsidizing that dreck is not something I would do. If I went, I'd blow a gasket trying not to react...who needs that?

The one thing those people can do is count noses. If that kind of nonsense leads to fewer butts in seats and fewer ticket sales, they'll know. Otherwise the headlines are "Anti-Trump Concert Fills the Halls."

As to what to do with the tickets. Stubhub, maybe, or just send an empty-seat message? If you're feeling more activist, maybe burn the tickets, and video/photograph the burning and release the footage/pictures to local paper music critic?

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Hey you, Waters!
Ha Ha charade you are.
Roger you're nearly a treat,
Roger you're nearly a treat but you're really a cry.

Sell the tix if you can, IMO
I wouldn't be anywhere near that shit show. I'd likely stroke out exposed to all that buffoonery. If he's so frikkin' socially concious, er magnanimous, er convinced of his rectitude, a true believer, why is he charging for a political rally?

A well-heeled, big-wheel, indeed.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if you guys have been to any pro trump, MAGA, anti-sharia, etc events since the election, but I can almost guarantee you, wearing a maga hat would end up with an ass beating, likely an extended hospital stay. I'm part of a group who had a member wear a maga hat to an NYC bar and had a bottle broken over his cheek and back of his head. He needs multiple rounds of cosmetic surgery to look quasi normal. These people won't "boo" you out of there... they legitimately think you're a Nazi.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post