SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert... Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Did I miss when Waters became a U.S. Citizen can't seem to find that U.K. Citizen, yes. Maybe he can go back to England and bash President Trump there, I wouldn't go to his concert for free, fuck him.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I'm not sure if you guys have been to any pro trump, MAGA, anti-sharia, etc events since the election, but I can almost guarantee you, wearing a maga hat would end up with an ass beating, likely an extended hospital stay. I'm part of a group who had a member wear a maga hat to an NYC bar and had a bottle broken over his cheek and back of his head. He needs multiple rounds of cosmetic surgery to look quasi normal. These people won't "boo" you out of there... they legitimately think you're a Nazi.

With all of the folks posting about not putting "Gun" or "Gun Support" stickers on their vehicles, I'm a little surprised that there are so many recommendations that the OP go into this arena wearing a MEGA hat. Knowing what to expect from his concerts would be reason enough for me not to go.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RETTOP:
With all of the folks posting about not putting "Gun" or "Gun Support" stickers on their vehicles, I'm a little surprised that there are so many recommendations that the OP go into this arena wearing a MEGA hat. Knowing what to expect from his concerts would be reason enough for me not to go.

The open minded and tolerant left has no problem with vandalism or property destruction while the property owner is otherwise engaged. They have a great problem with engaging with the actual property owner. A car parked in a lot can't do anything. A guy in a hat can and usually will defend himself verbally and otherwise.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
So did you go or say "fuck him"?

Concerts tomorrow...

I really like hearing everyone's opinions, I will be making a donation to Trump, NRA, or some pro American organization regardless if I go or not.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
He's fucking ENGLISH. Why should he or your give a shit about what he thinks?

It's not a matter of caring what he thinks. It's about paying him to tell you what he thinks. Which isn't what you're paying for.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:
Originally posted by RETTOP:

The open minded and tolerant left has no problem with vandalism or property destruction while the property owner is otherwise engaged. They have a great problem with engaging with the actual property owner. A car parked in a lot can't do anything. A guy in a hat can and usually will defend himself verbally and otherwise.

You're discounting how they would act in a pack mentality. Wearing anything pro-Trump to an event like that will very likely lead to an assault on yourself, even if it is just them ripping your hat or shirt off.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
So did you go or say "fuck him"?

Concerts tomorrow...

I really like hearing everyone's opinions, I will be making a donation to Trump, NRA, or some pro American organization regardless if I go or not.

Sorry. Guess I missed the when of this fiasco event. Do what you feel comfortable with. Appreciated your response.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
He is enemy.

Remember that while he and his disciples are putatively throwing their hatred on Trump, Trump is the guy WE elected to save our nation from the progressives.

They hate you and me.

Why would you even consider giving him treasure or adoration?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the chance to see the show here in Vegas. During the research the content of the show came up. Took a pass. I'm fed up with performers who want to tell me how to live my life.
I pay you to perform, not preach to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Powers77,

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I will be making a donation to Trump, NRA, or some pro American organization regardless if I go or not.

Please make the donation in Waters' honor and please make sure he knows about it.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't go see Waters in concert for free, and I say that as someone that pretty exclusively listened to Pink Floyd for several years in middle and high school. Even saw them in concert in '93.

Pink Floyd was an obscure British psychedelic rock band until David Gilmour came along, and they were much better after Waters left. We get it, King George killed your father. You don't REALLY need to make three albums about it.

Go to the arena, scalp the tickets, and leave with your middle finger held high.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

You're discounting how they would act in a pack mentality. Wearing anything pro-Trump to an event like that will very likely lead to an assault on yourself, even if it is just them ripping your hat or shirt off.

Perhaps though a concert half full of stoned hippies likely ain't turning into a lynch mob. I probably wouldn't wear the hat but someone else might go for it.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Go see Australian Pink Floyd. They put on a fantastic show!

Screw Roger Waters. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

I'd love to see David Gilmour, wish he would tour more often. But I don't blame him for staying home, he doesn't need the money.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is an anti-semitic, terrorist supporting asshole.

This. He hates Jews. He hates Israel. He's a *ucking scumbag piece of shite. The lowest of the low.

I wouldn't go but I won't hold it against you if you do.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have seen both Australian Pink Floyd and Brit Floyd

I enjoyed Aussie PF much better

and yes, I'd like to see Gilmour live - he would put on an awesome performance

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I took my boys to see waters 10 odd years ago. He crapped over the music then. I swore that I would never go again.

Aussie and Brit Floyd are Awesome. Have seen them many times.

I saw Gilmore in Chicago last year and have bought tickets for the one night video in theaters for his return to Pompeii concert in September. Am looking forward to that immensely. Will buy the DVD when it is released.

Wonder why you don't hear of waters releasing any new music? The man is living in the past and has a sucky personality. Always did, always will. Screw him.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I like PF and their music. Gilmore is my guy, Waters has become a rich eccentric flake.

Shame too many artists confuse popularity with relevance.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The OPs concert was last night, wondering if he decided to go or skip it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
What about the venue? Screw the venue for having him and his ilk.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post