SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm torn about attending Roger Waters concert... Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
To me he hasn't done anything interesting, musically, in basically forever, and I've already seen Pink Floyd twice over the years, and his solo music mostly sucks anyway, so I wouldn't be going anyway, and doubly so for such an overt political rally/show.

Sell the tickets. Vote with your wallet.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That seems to be about right. You'd basically be attending a political rally for the other side more so than a rock concert.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Attended the Buffett concert Saturday at Wrigley field. 41,001 attendees, an hour warm up by Huey Lewis, and zero.zero mention of anything political.

F*** these douchebags that think so much of their opinions that attendees must be indoctrinated by them. I don't want Waters' opinions on politics, which male enhancement products he uses, or even what dental floss he endorses.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Going on an anti-Trump tirade once or twice during the show is one thing, but this prick seems to go way beyond that.

My bold. And yes, it doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure out that comparing a verbal rant in between songs, and a whole, choreographed production of attacking Trump are two completely different things. Waters likes to compare Hitler to Trump, but ironically his concerts have turned into Nazi-like rallies. Goebbels would have been proud.

I was reading one review of a show that he brought out a group of children dressed in orange jumpsuits with the word "RESIST" as its icon. The confetti that came down during the show, each piece was printed with the word "RESIST". And the name of the tour is "US and THEM" Roll Eyes

Here is a taste of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8cYktb0EMk

This ain't a mere "tirade". It's a full on political rally with state of the art propaganda to boot.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
That seems to be about right. You'd basically be attending a political rally for the other side more so than a rock concert.

Yep.

Paying the enemy to purshase a stick with which to beat your brains out.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
He's fucking ENGLISH. Why should he or your give a shit about what he thinks?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Not playing the martyr, but I have made a choice to avoid paying known Leftists for what they produce. I have replaced that time with more productive activities. Turns out I don't need them as much as they need me.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Those who are saying just go and ignore the political crap.

This piece of shit is going WAY beyond the usual Trump sucks line. He is pandering to the foaming at the mouth hating liberals to sell tickets and enrichen himself and fund raise for hate America causes. I don't understand how any President Trump supporter could enjoy a show with these spitting hate morons next to you, in front of you, behind you, and all around you.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way about Neil Young. I've recently committed to seeing him before he croaks, but I've heard that his concerts are filled with liberal crap. It's too bad that I love his music.

I saw Neil Young several years ago. No political crap at all. I enjoyed the performance. Of course it has been awhile. The performance was in a small venue and he just came out and played.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sell your ticket...for me, Waters' anti-Israel hate is enough for me not to go to the concert; many people take the palestinian side as a cover for antisemitism.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8cYktb0EMk

I don't know how you could ignore that and enjoy the show. What are you planning on ignoring? The videos and props that show his hatred for Trump or the music where he sings about his hatred for Trump?

Unless you are going for the overpriced concessions and plan on eating in the bathroom I am not sure how you could ignore his message.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Attended the Buffett concert Saturday at Wrigley field. 41,001 attendees, an hour warm up by Huey Lewis, and zero.zero mention of anything political.

F*** these douchebags that think so much of their opinions that attendees must be indoctrinated by them. I don't want Waters' opinions on politics, which male enhancement products he uses, or even what dental floss he endorses.

As long as they sell tickets they assume that everyone either agrees with them or doesn't care enough to not pay them to listen.

The only thing that will stop Waters and others from putting on shows like this are empty seats. Even if Waters doesn't care about empty seats the promoters, venues, concessions and merchandise companies do. If he isn't filling arenas he won't be able to play arenas and he will have a harder and harder time finding companies to support his shows.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Unfreakin' real. I wouldn't even enjoy that if I were at a concert and it was Obama up there on the screen. Who would want to pay to see that, no matter what side you're on?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
If you go make sure to dress appropriately, in the uniform of his army

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I walked out of one of his shows during the Bush II admin because he was getting all political. He's just another douche who feels he's got the right to spew his political rhetoric while he's on my clock for entertainment value alone. I would sell the ticket if you could.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I don't need that negativity in my life. Screw him.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
So did you go or say "fuck him"?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if you want to hear Roger Waters in concert, buy one of his DVD

probably better sound quality and a better view

no crap

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
A huge pile of Trump 2020 campaign donations sent in the honor of Roger Waters, no matter how big or small, would be awesome as long as he is notified of the gifts.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post