SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
So... after yesterday's events, Mrs.BurtonRW suggested removing the stickers from my Cherokee.

I currently display the following:

NRA Patron Member
Maryland Shooters
Gonzales Flag (AR-15 version)
American Flag (Thin Blue Line version)

That's in addition to my vanity tags, which read "JHNGALT".

Mrs.BurtonRW would feel better if she didn't think I was going to be someone's random target, whereas I've always been in the "F-you, bring it," category. I also gave up any thought of being difficult to find or identify a long time ago. My career isn't compatible with that kind of obscurity.

Now don't get me wrong, if Mrs.BurtonRW will be happier, etc., if I have a clean vehicle, I'll take them all off this weekend when I have time to do it properly.

I just thought I'd ask for a little discussion here. Not to change her mind or argue about it. I just thought I'd talk it out a little. Not sure why, I guess.

It bothers me a little, but only because I've always said that "they" (meaning terrorists) win whenever we change something. This has bothered me non-stop since 9/11, but it hasn't been anything I could do anything about.

I feel like I'm just going to start repeating myself at this point, so feel free to chime in with your thoughts and comments.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My vehicle gets damaged enough from the negligence of others. I don't put stickers on to prevent intentional damage from dirtbags.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I have never really "gotten" the bumper sticker activism thing. I really don't feel a need to advertise my lifestyle, beliefs, # of offspring, etc... on my cars. Maybe I am just not a "need to make a public statement" kind of person.

With that said, I find anything that advertises to the world that you might be transporting valuable firearms to be particularly foolish.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the gray man club, we've been doing it for years.

I don't understand the peacocking of cars, vanity plates, and stickers - the sole exception being if your car is used as a business advertisement.

Otherwise I just think the owners are tools, idiots, or both.

Because when I read about someone 'bringing it' and getting in an altercation, I'm the guy who is thinking 'the best fight is the one you skillfully avoid due to preparedness and situational awareness', while I sit at home, un-injured with my family.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I won't put anything on mine normally. The back of the Ridgeline has my church and NC Zoo membership sticker. The Civic has nothing and the VR-4 only has track stickers in the quarter panel.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I have a geissele "2nd" sticker on my car. I'm my own boss, so I dont give a shit what my employees think of me. I do live in a super liberal neighborhood with street parking only, so I'm assuming if any neighbor "gets" the sticker it doesnt help with them bumping my car when parking. Not much I can do about that regardless.

We did take the NRA sticker off my wifes car, she does a lot of volunteer work with animals and the humane society and felt awkward parking with these super liberals (although her "boss" there came up to her car and went "OMG, my husband's a member too and loves shooting" I thought it was pretty funny and it strengthens my belief that liberal women go for conservative men.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I haven't put stickers on any of my vehicles. A friend of mine who is an alumni of GA has his car striped and decals of the GA Bulldogs. A guy bitched the other day that he needed to get that "shit" off his car. When he left the parking lot later his low tire pressure light came on. Found roofing tacks in both rear tires.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No stickers, low profile.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I never liked stickers of any kind on my cars. Just didn't like 'em. I wear a Sig polo and tee; that's enough for me.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't have any such things on my vehicle, but I'll tell you this- if I did have such things on it, I damn sure wouldn't take them off because of what happened yesterday.

Defy these whiny commies, and shoot back.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
There is a small Denver Broncos sticker on my Taco-deep in Bronco's country here, mind you... I generally avoid any kind of stickers or decoration on my vehicles. The new Camaro is flashy enough it draws resentment from low-lifes as it is...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't have any such things on my vehicle, but I'll tell you this- if I did have such things on it, I damn sure wouldn't take them off because of what happened yesterday.

Defy these whiny commies, and shoot back.

I absolutely agree with the above.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I prefer to travel in anonymity.

Especially if I'm in Maryland or DC.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I have a "USNA" decal on the back window, with a "RIT Dad" one below it.

that is it.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I don't keep anything on my cars. If the car came with any stickers or decals other than the make/model, I take it off. I'm not going to advertise for a car dealership.

I prefer the clean look, though.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I try to keep a low profile in all aspects of my life. Nothing on my car but the license plate.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few Diving Organization stickers on the back window of my truck but never anything related to firearms.

Couple of reasons, one is that I prefer not advertising that there "could be" a gun in the car when I am not in it, and some tool busts a window to find out. Second, never felt the need to tell the world I am or maybe armed.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I grew up with a Dad in autobody who hated the damage bumper stickers caused. Therefore, I have never had a sticker on my bumper or in my window.

The gray man aspect is good too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I probably do not have a large enough set of data to draw meaningful conclusions, but it has been my observation that if a Democrat has political stickers on her / his vehicle, Republicans might mock her / him.

If a Republican has political stickers, Democrats might damage the vehicle, greet the driver with a friendly one-finger salute, or indulge in acts of road rage.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I never was much of a sticker guy.

My old '07 Tacoma had one or two, firearm related stickers. It got broke into once, ( though it was parked at a gun range, backed up to the wall of the building so the rear window wasn't readily in view, plus all the vehicles parked in that row were broken into, some with a ton of window stickers and the rest without any, ) but otherwise was never bothered, ( I'd imagine living here in the South helps quite a bit. )

My current truck has no stickers. The only thing that stands out on my truck is the 'Retired' license plate on the back bumper. Otherwise, I'm in gray-man mode.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
My vehicle gets damaged enough from the negligence of others. I don't put stickers on to prevent intentional damage from dirtbags.

I begrudgingly came to this same conclusion a few years after living on my own. Didn't feel good, but there it is.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post