SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The only sticker on my car says,
"Caution, driver may bail out at any time".
I don't do political or gun stuff because you WILL get vandalized.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any on mine, I like the clean look. My brother has the Honor Our Fallen plates, and a police thing on his plate and a bunch of stickers of some chinese letters and japanese animals.

Someone did get angry at him after recognizing the police thing. He was in line at McDs getting ice cream for his kids and the guy was just screaming and my brother ignored him. Finally his daughter popped her head out the sunroof and told the guy to bring it. The crazy guy drove off.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have a 3X5" American flag on the rear window of my truck & a US Marine license plate on the front.

Those two alone would be enough for some deranged liberal to vandalize my vehicle. I don't need anything more provacative, like a NRA sticker or a Rebel flag.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of azranger45
posted Hide Post
It may be the times, but you don't want some scumbags lawyer showing pictures of your car with pro-gun stickers after you just shot some a$$hoe road rage fool. Saying to the jury, "look he was looking for trouble, just looking for the chance to shoot someone". Don't give the other side any additional info to use against you in case you have to go to court.

Posts: 359 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
What you think is none of my business.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys are just plain paranoid.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I probably do not have a large enough set of data to draw meaningful conclusions, but it has been my observation that if a Democrat has political stickers on her / his vehicle, Republicans might mock her / him.

If a Republican has political stickers, Democrats might damage the vehicle, greet the driver with a friendly one-finger salute, or indulge in acts of road rage.

That's my experience too. The left has a double standard on everything. For them, it's an expression of belief. If it's a conservative sticker, it's an incitement to violence. Therefore, when they commit violence, it's your fault.

quote:
I have a "USNA" decal on the back window

I do too! But just on the old Tahoe, along with MIT, SLUH, Cor Jesu, and U. of Tulsa, supporting my kids and their schools.
The other cars are kept clean.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least since late 2005, an American flag plastic sticker on the inside middle-top of the front windshield and a dried palm leaf cross with a rose in the center hanging from the rearview center mirror.

No one has asked about the American flag. Few about the other.

I see no reason to remove them.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
Back in the 80's I kept a NRA sticker on my '66 Chevy pickup. But here in AZ in the 1980s, GDC's weren't a concern in the least.

Nowadays I don't have any decals on my vehicles.

Having a Trump sticker or gun sticker would probably make it a target of the commies or illegals we have so many of.

On the flip side, when I see a Hillary or Bernie sticker on a car, I immediately think "IDIOT!!!"

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Never been one to plaster my vehicles with stickers...only have my work parking sticker.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No such emblems on my vehicle or clothes.

Unless I'm being paid handsomely to advertise.

So, never.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
My only adornments are a University of Arizona window cling and a Missouri University of Science & Technology window cling. Not many people in Alabama would be offended by either. I prefer being a gray man on political and social issues. Plus, I like the look of a clean car.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I think the idea that a criminial would target a vehicle because of a gun sticker is probably way overblown. Might not be 0% correlation, but I'd guess it's pretty low. Might still be more risk that one is willing to take, though.

I don't have any gun stickers on my truck, but I have had them on past vehicles and don't give it a second thought. Half the trucks I see in Atlanta traffic every day have a firearm-related sticker so around here it doesn't make you stick out very much.

I have a Nautilus fly reels sticker on my truck and it has their slogan in big red letters "TESTED ON ANIMALS." Kinda surprised no SPCA/PETA/HSUS member has said anything to me yet.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So, never.

Sounds like it's time to begin your NASCAR career! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigForum.com is the only sticker I have on my blue LeSaber

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I have a Green Bay Packers logo sticker in the back window and a "My GSD is smarter than your honor student" bumper sticker. Otherwise nothing, I fall into the "don't give some a-hole a reason to think there might be a gun inside" camp.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Only one bumper sticker on my truck: "Not For Hire". Goes well with my "leave me be" mindset.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I humbly suggest not having any stickers, and being the boring car on the road. The Left/Dems are hunting down the Right/Conservatives and doing damage to them. Now they might not do anything while you're in your vehicle adorned with NRA/USCCA/Mitt Romney/Trump/Anti-Hillary & Obummer stickers..... but the moment you park---they'll attack. I firmly believe in everyone's right to free speech, but the Left has lost their bearings and begun to really become unhinged. Politics is their religion---because they have NO other.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
"concealed" is ....well...."concealed"....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So, never.

Sounds like it's time to begin your NASCAR career! Smile
Sounds like a challenge to me. Post up some prices Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post