SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to display an upside down dried palm leaf cross hanging from the center rear view mirror.

It represented Simon Petrus to me.

For some odd reason, some viewed it differently.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
No Stickers.

Do not want to advertise that there may be guns at my house for the Perps to follow me home and come back later.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under the radar here. Random number license plate harder for the police to remember. No identifying tattoos, or piercings either. Dress conservatively. Smile a lot, limit eye contact with others when driving.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
2 stickers on my truck. A small American Flag and one that says "Local Food, thousands of miles fresher".

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't have any such things on my vehicle, but I'll tell you this- if I did have such things on it, I damn sure wouldn't take them off because of what happened yesterday.

Defy these whiny commies, and shoot back.

Those are my sentiments exactly, but I took them all off this afternoon and did so in peace, knowing that I wasn't taking them off because of the events of last week (my inclination would have been the opposite), but rather to eliminate a source of concern and anxiety for my wife that bothered her enough to mention to me knowing how I would feel about it.

The only unique identifier on my vehicle is now my JHNGALT tags, but if people assume my name is John (which has happened before), I guess that works in my favor.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my neck of the woods stickers such as this one I spotted on a strangers car are at least tolerated; however, it would sure "trigger" many folks in other areas. It strikes me as funny but... probably not wise to drive this rig to Portlandia.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

No stickers here, just my Southern Pride Confederate flag receiver cover, which I made. Most people don't even recognize it as the original CSA flag.

At the bank the other day, a guy was taking a picture. He said he had never seen a flag like that, until I explained it to him. He was happy.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
[quote]The only unique identifier on my vehicle is now my JHNGALT tags, but if people assume my name is John (which has happened before), I guess that works in my favor.

I'm honestly not sure how many of the would-be vandals, etc, would have a clue what your plates' message was even about.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Navy wings and American flag. Not coming off.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm honestly not sure how many of the would-be vandals, etc, would have a clue what your plates' message was even about.

Yeah like they read Ayn Rand novels in their spare time.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
No stickers, decals or vanity plates.
When I park it the interior looks sterile.
No lose change, sun glasses or etc.
Even my 15 y/o flip phone goes in the console.
I do have an old "Insured by Smith&Wesson"sticker
on a range box if that helps juice my man card a little.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have a magnetic sticker on the tailgate of my tacoma - its has the USMC shield on it with the words 'When it Absolutely Positively Needs to be Destroyed Overnight'

I have had a lot of people ask where I got it so I just peel it off and let them write down the url thats on the sticker

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't do stickers on my vehicles

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No stickers but I do have a small American flag sticker on each of my motorcycle helmets.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ayn Rand

Don't think for a second that many, many on the Left don't know who Ayn Rand is. The knowledge that many on the Right read her works and that it strongly informs the opinions of many on the Right is well known to Leftists. They may not have read the entire book themselves, but a great many know the gist and disagree and discuss and make memes and snide comments and the rest and have for years. Maybe not some ghetto fucknut who dropped out in the 5th grsde, but a great many others do and have for a while, or at least as long as people on the Right have talked about Rand online. There are T-Shirts and Coffee Cups... it's not some underground thing or secret knowledge.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Well, keeping the Rand theme going...

I've had various decals over time and different vehicles. I've not posted overt references to firearms in a while; closest I've recently come was displaying the "DW" signature script sticker that came with my Dan Wesson. I figured it most likely that anyone actually recognizing that was probably my kinda people. Smile

Of late, though, I'm down to just one, a small nod of my own to one of my favorite novels. I doubt most would give this sticker a second glance, and even fewer would appreciate it.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post