SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Welcome to the gray man club, we've been doing it for years.

I don't understand the peacocking of cars, vanity plates, and stickers - the sole exception being if your car is used as a business advertisement.

Otherwise I just think the owners are tools, idiots, or both.

Because when I read about someone 'bringing it' and getting in an altercation, I'm the guy who is thinking 'the best fight is the one you skillfully avoid due to preparedness and situational awareness', while I sit at home, un-injured with my family.

Agreed. In my younger life I had a very distinctive vehicle. The only year make model and color in town. Someone always knew where I was, used to hate hearing "hey, saw your car near ____ the other day, what had you over there?". I even got in trouble a few times once a nearly identical vehicle appeared in town, couldn't understand why people thought I was where I wasn't until I pulled up next to him at a light one day.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
No stickers, nothing. Low profile.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
There's nothing on my car.
I see no need nor benefit in providing people I don't know any information about myself.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The progressives around here are not only totally open to viewpoints they disagree with but also very respectful of the property rights of others.

No stickers.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I like stickers and have several of them on my vehicle..... on the inside of my truck bed which is covered by my bed cover. That way, I can open the cover when I'm camping or whatever and have it decorated how I please, without driving around everywhere advertising my preferences.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

&

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I don't do stickers. Not because I'm paranoid or striving to be "the gray man", but because I don't like the look.

The exception to this is the back window of my Tundra. I replaced my "FBHO" decal with a "MAGA" decal just to stick my finger in my sister-in-law's eye...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Call me the exception and I really don't care what other people think. I live in very Red (70% for Trump in my county)rural area but I visit Ann Arbor often. Never worried about someone vandalizing my vehicles.

My truck has NRA Benefactor member stickers in the upper corners of the rear window, a Who Is John Galt sticker at the top center, a Burning Man(wife and I are Burners) icon in the lower right corner and a pirate medic ems sticker in the lower left. Bumper is clean. My license plate is NRA LFR. That gets lots of comments.

My wife's truck has farming related stickers in her back window plus one of mine from when I ran for the state house. Bumper has a Real Women Don't Drink Light Beer sticker from New Glarus, a Who Is John Galt sticker and a Co-exist sticker with gun logos.

Strangely though I find myself trying to look Grey when I travel anymore. No firearms or training related t-shirts or polos, no 5.11's or other tacticool pants. If I'm someplace with other gun people or coming or going from a class that's one thing but heading to a destination, I try to look the part of the older middle class white guy.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just a 4x6 reflective american flag magnet, thats all folks,,,

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I prefer to travel in anonymity.

Me too. I have no stickers on my vehicles at all.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Clean vehicles here. I see NRA stickers and such as an invitation to break in.

Only insignia I have on my vehicles is a Pittsburgh Penguins badge or front license plate.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here, all the bumper stickers are the far-left variety. Picture VW, Suburu's, Civics and Prius' covered in pithy statements and declarations. Then I started to travel around this great country and saw the other side...doing the same thing, Dirty Harry statements, NRA/2AM membership, flags all over the place.

Nope. Not gonna do it. Doesn't take much for somebody to walk-by and key your vehicle. I put on at least 3 yellow ribbon magnets during GWOT, each time were removed by someone else and found two of them torn-up nearby.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't do stickers. Definitely wouldn't do gun stickers. Invites smash and grabs or petty liberal trash who might vandalize my vehicle because they're fucking human garbage.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have a MIA/POW sticker on the back glass of my truck.

Below that I have a white oval with "7.62"

Someone once asked me what it was about and I told her it was a quarter marathon,cause I didn't finish.

One of my former coworkers was a marine and she got it and started laughing and gave me a big hi five when she saw it

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
The only sticker on my truck is my NRA sticker on the back window. I put all my stickers on my gun safe.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
No stickers of any kind on our vehicles.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm a solid NRA member, SF member and a gunner, but I like to fly under the radar. I don't need any unwarranted attention or to have someone trash my truck just because of sticker.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a small MD Shooters undercover shield (no words, no guns) on a magnet on the tailgate of my Jeep.

Nothing else.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Looking for a Confederate Flag plate to replace my thin blue line front tag. My last thin blue line tag was stolen.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VFW life member and thin blue line on my truck and car.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post