SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have never and will never put stickers on my cars. I 100% of the time remove the dealer logos and sometimes the actual manufacturer emblems from my cars. I have told dealers before I will not buy this car unless you remove your dumb ass dealer badges before I drive away.

Same here

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
NRA life member ,
Sons of the American Revolution
CMP

all on those small 2" or so roundels,
on both the Mini and the Tundra

so far, no issues,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Other than my old 2' long "Kill 'em ALL and let God sort 'em out!" bumper sticker my '72 Chebby PU is sanitary. Big Grin

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
quote:
I have never and will never put stickers on my cars. I 100% of the time remove the dealer logos and sometimes the actual manufacturer emblems from my cars. I have told dealers before I will not buy this car unless you remove your dumb ass dealer badges before I drive away.

Same here

Exactly what I do, had a Chevy dealer try and call my bluff once. They ended up removing them all.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I display one of those oval "Sig Sauer - When it Counts" stickers, don't you? Wink

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
No stickers on the back of my cars. If I ever get a beater pickup truck to run to the dump and go to Lowes, etc. with - I'll sticker the shit out of it though.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Other than the large Don't tread on me sticker on my truck I don't have any Big Grin

I don't plan on taking it off anytime soon. I plan on going a little more incognito on the new Lexus GX though and putting on a small...

Criminals and ANTIs probably won't know what it means.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I prefer to travel in anonymity.

Especially if I'm in Maryland or DC.

As a fellow NOVA resident, this. No way I want to drive a No step on snek vanity license plate into DC.

Gray man is the way to go.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Some of you guys are just plain paranoid.

I will respectfully disagree with this statement. I think it depends on where you live.

I for one, live in probably the most liberal county in VA, and am a stones throw from both DC and Maryland. Especially with the baseball shooting in the forefront of everyones mind here, I dont want to give any indication of my political affiliation on my car.

Just my opinion.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Nothing political or firearms related. A small Arsenal FC sticker, a town dump/beach sticker and a small Catalan flag - 99% of the country probably doesn't know what it is or signifies.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I prefer to keep my car in conceal carry mode, that way nobody knows for sure what I've got! Also I really just like the look of a really clean car without a bunch of stickers .

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Any of you that put a Yeti sticker on your cars - I want you to stop and think long and hard about your actions, and the direction your life is going.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Looking for a Confederate Flag plate to replace my thin blue line front tag. My last thin blue line tag was stolen.
How 'bout a stripe of blue painter's tape across the rear window?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought a car from a large dealer here in the area, couple months ago. As we walked away from the car toward the office to do the paperwork I pointed to the dealer's sticker on the back and said "that's a deal breaker."

The sticker was gone when I came out of the office and looked at the vehicle.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I don't put stickers on my vehicles, mostly due to laziness on my part.
My biggest concern, I work for an army that still requires me to have a DoD sticker on any vehicle I plan to drive on depot.
It may seem a small thing, but it does "mark me" as associated with the military, the government, etc...

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I don't put stickers on my vehicles, mostly due to laziness on my part.
My biggest concern, I work for an army that still requires me to have a DoD sticker on any vehicle I plan to drive on depot.
It may seem a small thing, but it does "mark me" as associated with the military, the government, etc...
I had a similar situation, did not want anything affixed to my windshield, so I put it in a holder on my sunvisor. I just flip the sunvisor down when I need the ID displayed; at other times, when not needed, it is out of sight.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I prefer the gray man tactic as well. Eventually I may festoon my Cherokee with various stickers, but at that point it's going to be a built-out off road machine that screams "yeah, there's probably a gun in the trunk" anyway.

I am who I am and I'm not about to change it, especially over some asshattery. By the same token, I want to see THEM coming. I have no interest in them seeing ME coming, or doing some chickenshit like keying the hell out of my car when I'm not around because they want to Stick It To The Man or some dumb shit.

My friends know my beliefs, and anybody who is curious is welcome to ask. I don't feel the need to broadcast.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ditto. I remove their license plate frame and if they've used adhesive on my paint for a dealer logo, then they just lost the sale. Like you I also debadge some of the oem stuff.

There is a racer, who died, young, whom I'm quite fond of and met shortly before he passed. I have a commemorative decal, that is done extremely well, and I'd like to put it on one of my cars. But I don't. Don't want anything on it to distinguish it from someone else's. I just bought light weight wheels for it to reduce unsprung mass, dropping 10 lbs off each corner, and I'm having the center caps replaced with OEM logos to make it look more factory.

This world, is slowly or quickly turning into hate filled. I've learned to have a daily driver that blends in with everything, to the point of no one looking or caring at all about it. My go fast car, I don't park unattended. The one time I did I had multiple people all over it, peering in the windows, etc. I've read and heard of vandalism, for nothing other than jealousy. This younger gen wants everything for free so some of them hate seeing others with nice things who have worked their asses off for it, even though they want everything handed to them. I recommend everyone get a daily driver and keep your nice shit in a garage and drive it on the weekends. The inexpensive daily driver is hugely beneficial parking at work as you draw no attention. Same goes for any time you'll park it unattended.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It might be a level of caution some aren't interested in, but that's why it's a free country.

I see the bro with "Assault Life" and "NRA", "TRUMPTRUMPTRUMP" stickers as possibly having a weapon in the vehicle, if I should ever need to acquire a weapon in short order. The owner likely wont be carrying one, or it's safely under the driver's seat, with a loaded magazine and empty chamber.

At least its far more likely to find a weapon in that vehicle than in the "Hillary for President 2016" adorned vehicle.

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
My big black Mercedes Benz sprinter van is incognito enough..everyone thinks it's a rolling armory or CIA snatch and grab van...

No stickers needed...

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post