SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Became an old man overnight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Became an old man overnight Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Lesson learned here...put on old clothes before going to the ER.

Just wear clean skivvies. At least that's what mom always said. Wink

That was one of the worse parts... I had spent all day laying brick and these had coal soot on them and so I was just a tad dirty... as my while describes it: I had the gray tenge.... but then a good bit of that might have been the 100% blockage... Doc the next day said I looked a while lot better....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Week and a half ago...

100% blockage of my main artery .....

Get off the roof where I was working alone
Drive home
Wife calls 911
shaved and padded
ride to ER
Cut all my clothes off ... hook and plug me up and in...

Doctor says I have two choices.
Sign form letting them do what ever they want or..Die

3 days in CVICU... 2 in regular room and then tossed back out in the world.

Now an old man.... I know many of you have road this horse but I never thought I would.

Your Doc's bedside manner could use a little work.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Citadel:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Week and a half ago...

100% blockage of my main artery .....

Get off the roof where I was working alone
Drive home
Wife calls 911
shaved and padded
ride to ER
Cut all my clothes off ... hook and plug me up and in...

Doctor says I have two choices.
Sign form letting them do what ever they want or..Die

3 days in CVICU... 2 in regular room and then tossed back out in the world.

Now an old man.... I know many of you have road this horse but I never thought I would.

My doctor gave me the options of stints or bypass surgery, and advised me that Diabetics do better with the surgery. I took his advice.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re still here amigo Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow! Glad you are OK. Getting off that roof and everything! Bless your wife!

I've been in some tight crawlspaces. The thought does occur, Will they find me in a couple of days in here?

My best best BFF best friend died at 51 ... tomorrow morning will be ten weeks ago.

Two days ago I had my yearly physical. Blood was good, BP 104/80, and EKG said everything was "great", meaning normal, and the steth brought up no odd noises inside my chest.

Even after all that, can there be a blocked artery waiting to drop me, or does the EKG with ten+ probes cover most of the bases?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
glad you got off the roof. could have been ugly

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL indeed

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Blume,
Most of my post-CABG patients want to know the license number of that truck... Big Grin

But eventually they see this episode as a rebirth or at least they feel at least 10 years younger.
Most likely you will feel that way too in 6 weeks.
Recovery does take time, particularly from this surgery.
If you're offered cardiac rehab, I 'd recommend taking it.
No doubt they've had you up and walking around when that was the last thing in the world you wanted to do.
Be of good cheer, my friend, you are virtually resurrected!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
This heart stuff always scares the hell out of me. I havn't been healthy in years now. I've also never been operated on. Well, had a bump cut out above my eye brow years back. I hope you heal up strong OP and remain healthy the rest of a long life.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself. This stuff happens, now refocus to the important stuff...

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to what’s probablay the avg age of SigForum.

And thank God for your wife who’d kept her shit together and saved your life.

Buy her flowers. Lots of flowers. Today and every day and every anniversary FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. You’re a lucky man to have an amazing wife and an EXTREMELY lucky man to have survived.

All of us on SF wish we were as lucky as you, you bastard.

Posts: 40 | Registered: August 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easter Sunday and resurrection, hmmm. I'd go with the flow. I wish you well. I remember being 19 and feeling immortal, that of course was incorrect, but it felt terrific. I'm thinking today is a good day to be grateful, you have lots of friends here wishing you well. That counts doesn't it? God Bless.

semper deinceps

Posts: 40 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on being alive to join the club.

Did my 100% blockage driving home last Aug.

Great EMTs and doc had me in CAT lab within 30 minutes off me calling 911. No muscle damage due to their swift actions.

For everyone else, learn to recognize the symptoms, mine felt like heartburn all day and my head and arms tingling.....then the pain hit.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on your recovery!

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10 November, 1775
Picture of MarinetoRN
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it to the ER in time. It could have been a much worse outcome. Stick to your rehab!

SiGArm'd

P220ST X2, 1911 Revolution, P245, P229 RTTEQ/ST .40 X2, P226ST, Mosquito
Other weaponry not SIG

Glocks are ugly.
I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: August 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Learned something new here. Strange taste (metallic) in your soda...go to the ER. After you put on old clothes, of course. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Friday the 26th is my 2 birthday. I was home watching NCIS and started feeling BAD. Called my daughter and she was at work in her office at UAMS. She said she would call my SIL to pick me up. Jeff did and took me to the VA Hospital and was put in Treatment room and hooked me up to ?
My t shirt was cut off and my sil and daughter in the door way and then things grayed out, then the PAIN. I flat lined!

Long story short it been 2 years and a pacemaker in my chest. No problems since and a check up several times. Thanks VA. You guys and gals saved my life.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words.... of course I'm at home now and have even been to my follow up apt. a week after being released from the hospital.... I'm still weak and not 'right' but a hell of a lot better.... I think some of it is adjusting to all this medication I'm taking.

The good news is the doc says there is a chance I actually did not completely kill some of the heart muscles they thought were totally gone and I might be able to rejuvenate them to a degree with rehab.
Life changed though... looks like some meds for the rest of my life and having to wear this de-fib life vest for the next 1-2 months is gong to be a pain.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post