SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Became an old man overnight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Became an old man overnight Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Week and a half ago...

100% blockage of my main artery .....

Get off the roof where I was working alone
Drive home
Wife calls 911
shaved and padded
ride to ER
Cut all my clothes off ... hook and plug me up and in...

Doctor says I have two choices.
Sign form letting them do what ever they want or..Die

3 days in CVICU... 2 in regular room and then tossed back out in the world.

Now an old man.... I know many of you have road this horse but I never thought I would.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, sending good thoughts your way. Thank God your wife had her wits about her and called 911. This could have ended in a very bad way but I think you know that. FYI, you're not an old man but more like a healthy man now.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Wowzers! You dodged a major bullet there!

Nothing so dramatic, but this past Winter has taken it's toll. Less energy, more aches and pains.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I think I speak for everyone that it sucks but it beats the alternative!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Better than alternative.

Hang in there, you’ll feel better than today tomorrow.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I was 45 when my CABG was performed. That was 21 years ago. Now 67.

Best wishes to live long and well.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I had CABG several years ago. I'm not the athlete I used to be, but I'm back to all my activities. It takes a while but youll get there. Depression is a common side effect. That too goes away.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that all turned out well. Did they prescribe ongoing meds? I had some ill side effects from one of the meds and our forum Doc Goodheart helped to put me onto a better path, things are good now.

Yea, about the cutting the clothes off. They scissored off a brand new pair of shorts too!

Stay well Blume9mm

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Glad they caught that in time.

Lesson learned here...put on old clothes before going to the ER.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you’re doing better!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Lesson learned

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

And sign the form! Glad you made it and are doing better as well.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Just wear clean skivvies. At least that's what mom always said. Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it.... I'm 54 years old, had a heart attack at 42, defibrillator put in a month ago.... I'm not old, it's all in your head. Been back to work for a few days already, nothings changed other than the lump in my chest...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Glad you are going to be ok.

Everyone is not so fortunate.

A few weeks ago, while fighting gout. I told my wife, "for the first time in my life, I feel old". If I had to run across the street to save myself, I would not have been able to.

The Gout has subsided and I can again run, but at that time, I really felt old. Shit, I am only 57.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Old man > dead man.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I had a somewhat similar experience about 10 years ago. Strange feeling in upper chest, called my best friend (a hospital worker) who said I needed to go to the ER NOW! So I drove myself to the ER. Tests indicated heart problems so was admitted, found my arteries were more than 90% blocked and had a quadruple bypass only 2 days after admittance.

I recently had an ablation to correct atrial fluttering, and will have a pacemaker installed in about a month because my pulse rate is erratic and skips beats.

I'm 81--does that qualify as "old"?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Remember, it's better than the alternative...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine was drinking Mountain Dew, like always. Had a metallic taste no other symptoms, drove himself to the ER. 90% blockage of the widow maker. Dr was impressed my friend realized there was an issue because of the metallic taste.

Glad you caught it in time!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post