SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mobil 1 Rebate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mobil 1 Rebate Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Because Mobil 1 has a better additive package.
Oh so comical and proof marketing 'does' work in getting people to buy stuff. If you changed your oil And filter religiously every 3k with nothing but pure $2/quart dino oil, your engine would show almost zero wear on the rotating parts. There are dozens of videos online that document that very thing. Unless you're tooling around in a Lambo or Ferrari that requires a specific oil to maintain the warranty, using any synthetic that has all the industry certifications, and changing it religiously on a schedule, will allow your engine a life that will very likely span beyond your ownership.

Make no mistake, I'm not claiming Mobil 1 is not a high quality product, I'm just saying its not $10 to $15 a jug (normally) better than its competitors.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Not marketing. It’s facts. Go to the PQIA website and see for yourself. I don’t pay full price for Mobil 1. Super tech is a good oil, just not as good as Mobil 1.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Not marketing. It’s facts. Go to the PQIA website and see for yourself. I don’t pay full price for Mobil 1. Super tech is a good oil, just not as good as Mobil 1.
And pure dino oil isn't as good as either of those synthetics, but used and replaced religiously, it will result in little to no wear on the motor. At this point in time its not really about what you pour into the motor as motor oil in general is all pretty good, its about attention to servicing the motor on a regular schedule and not extending intervals beyond reasonable durations. I choose to use Super-Tech because it is superior to basic dino oil without being much more expensive, and then change my oil and filter every 7.5k miles (which is less than that claimed 10k change interval).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good timing, just changed the oil today and used the last full jug. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco’s upcoming coupons beginning April 14th has $10 off a case of Mobil 1, limit 5.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the rebate process. I picked up 2, 5 quart jugs at Fleet Farm yesterday. This morning I registered w/ Mobil and was able to upload a picture of the receipt and enter some basic information online.

I'm getting $20 back and didn't have to lick an envelope Smile.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Use Mobil1 in the Vtwin Air Cooled HD, of all the oils even HD's Syn3 I've found lower operating temps (my ass isn't on fire as much) lower noise and good lubrication life.

Nice write up about SuperTech vs Mobil1, Castrol et al.

Link

Who Makes Supertech Oil? and Differences with Others

Written by Tito in Mechanic Talk,Oil and Fluids
Last Updated June 14, 2021

Oil is a great element for vehicles since it improves the performance of its mechanical components and also increases its durability. However, this will only work well when you use the right type of oil. One of the best oils that help you get optimal performance for your vehicle is Supertech Oil. Now the question is who makes Supertech Oil? There have been too many speculations and misunderstandings about the manufacturers of Supertech. Here we shall discuss all you need to know about Supertech its pros, cons, and comparison with competitors.

Supertech Oil History

Supertech is one of the most reputable brands of oil in the market today. This oil is manufactured by Warren Oil Company International. The company was formed by Tennessean William K. Warren in the twentieth century when there was an oil boom. By the 1950s, Warren Petroleum was the largest producer of LPG (propane) and natural gasoline.

Warren company brand is the largest packager and blender of lubricants for agriculture, automotive, heavy-duty, and the commercial market today. It operates six packaging and manufacturing facilities located in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, Arkansas, Alabama, and North Carolina. The company produces both synthetic and conventional lubricants and distributes them locally and internationally.

One of the best things about Supertech oil is that it comes in a variety to cater to various requirements by specific vehicles. Using the wrong type of oil on your vehicle may lead to mechanical problems with the gear transmission system or engine components. This is why Warren Oil Company comes with specific oil for the special needs of every vehicle.

Even though Supertech is a reputable brand, its lubricants are highly available at an affordable price. Some other oils of the same quality with Supertech are only available at twice or more the price. When buying the Supertech oil, ensure it has the WPP label on it. The WPP initials stand for Warren Performance Product.

The WPP label shows that the Supertech Oil has been tested and it meets all the company standards. it is the only way for you to ensure that you have bought genuine Supertech oil and not an imitation. Ensure that you get this oil from trusted suppliers.

Theres more at the link, if you want to get into the supertech vs debate...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The only thing I didn’t like about the rebate process was getting virtual debit cards. I used both of my $15 virtual debit cards to buy $30 of Amazon gift cards which promptly used to buy stuff on Amazon we needed.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The only thing I didn’t like about the rebate process was getting virtual debit cards. I used both of my $15 virtual debit cards to buy $30 of Amazon gift cards which promptly used to buy stuff on Amazon we needed.

That reminds me. I need to redeem mine the same way.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why not use them at Amazon directly?

Thanks for the heads up. It is time for an oil change for me, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

“Always choose Mobil 1 over Supertech”—4MUL8R

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

End of.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Not many online retailers, including Amazon, let you split payments between two debit or credit cards, so either you find something to buy for exactly the amount, or you buy something for less leaving money on the card you can never use. However, Amazon will let you split payments between a credit card and a gift card, thus using the virtual debit cards to buy an Amazon gift card lets you use the full amounts of the virtual debit cards on a single purchase greater than the value of the debit cards with the excess going on your credit card.

With an actual physical card I would just buy fuel and throw the card out when the pump shuts off.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Good timing on this as I am getting ready to change out the oil in my truck. Thanks!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
While I’m not particularly a fan of Mobil, this deal is too good to pass up.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Great, thanks for letting us know. I could use a few jugs.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Always been faithful to Mobil1 synthetic. Somewhere, in this or another thread, was mentioned the Supertech 20,000 mile oil. My Toyota program went off 1/2 mile early at 4,999.5 miles. Hit the reset button and am at 5,300. Today, I found the 20 grand Supertech at $19.00 for 5 quarts and the engine needs 1 1/2 quarts more at $5.00 per quart. The Toyota filter element is only 7 bucks at W Mart. I think I will be fine useing the Supertech for 5,000 more miles. Did I do OK guys?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

A lot of the rebate cards decline easily if the purchase is not the exact number or less. Buying certain digital gift cards like Amazon, Xbox,etc allows you to easily use every cent plus not have to worry about short expiration dates some of those rebate cards have.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I went to Costco after work. I always check the price of the Mobil 1 six pack they sell. The new price at Costco is $39.99. Usually goes on sale for $10 off. It looks like I will be buying at Walmart.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post