SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now that the public is not paying attention any more: Fort Lauderdale shooting suspect claims ISIS link
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Now that the public is not paying attention any more: Fort Lauderdale shooting suspect claims ISIS link Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
They've known this since immediately after they captured him but know that the narrative that comes out immediately after an attack is the one the public remembers, so embargo it as long as possible.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-...-attack-for-isis-fbi

FBI: Fort Lauderdale shooting suspect claims ISIS link

The man charged in connection with the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., airport shooting earlier this month said he carried out the attack on behalf of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), CNN reported Tuesday.

FBI special agent Michael Ferlazzo testified Tuesday at Esteban Santiago's bond hearing, telling the court that during an interview shortly after the attack, Santiago said he was fighting for ISIS.

Santiago also told Ferlazzo, who conducted the interview, that he had been in contact with people with similar views in jihadi chat rooms who were also planning attacks, CNN reported.
ISIS has not claimed responsibility for the shooting.

The shooting earlier this month at the Fort Lauderdale airport killed five people and wounded more.

Before the attack, Santiago had voluntarily turned himself into the FBI office in Anchorage, Alaska. The office turned him over to the local police, who took Santiago to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.

Following a series of checks, he was cleared and the case was subsequently closed.

The FBI said earlier this month that Santiago had gone to Florida specifically to carry out the "horrific attack."

The judge ruled that Santiago will be held without bond; his next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 30.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Trump will notice.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
And Act

quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
Trump will notice.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Wondered why they let the story disappear so quickly.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
But but bamy said there were ZERO terrorist attacks in the U.S. over the last 8 years??

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Because it did nothing to fit the lefts "gun control must happen - guns are evil" narrative (clearly this was terrorism and much fail from law enforcement who this guy turned himself into warning them he was hearing voices...) and their Anti-constitutionalist in chief will soon be pounding sand.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Because it did nothing to fit the lefts "gun control must happen - guns are evil" narrative (clearly this was terrorism and much fail from law enforcement who this guy turned himself into warning them he was hearing voices...) and their Anti-constitutionalist in chief will soon be pounding sand.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:

Yeah, I knew there was more to the story, just wasn't sure what it would be.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
But but bamy said there were ZERO terrorist attacks in the U.S. over the last 8 years??

It took me about three days of him being in office to figure out that when he opens his mouth, he lies.

Oh shit. I'm not supposed to say that yet.

Sorry.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think in his case mental illness was a much bigger factor.
Remember, Son of Sam claimed his dog told him to do it.
Doesn't mean people like that aren't dangerous, just that I'm not willing to give ISIS credit.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Ah my son, one must listen closely to the wording used. Much like the definition of what 'is' 'is', Barry suggests that no ISIS "planned and executed" attacks have occurred on his watch. San Bernidino, the Pulse nightclub, this airport attack, and numerous others, are simply lone wolf, isolated cases, of people suffering from mental illness, not jihadists intent on killing Americans. Barry would likely also have you believe these lone wolfs were brought on by the United States abject racism and hatred/mistreatment of brown people.

In layman's terms, Barry is totally full of it, the liar's liar, and has been since he took his first breath. One more day and this piece of filth will be nothing but a very bad memory.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Barry is totally full of it, the liar's liar, and has been since he took his first breath. One more day and this piece of filth will be nothing but a very bad memory.
I fervently wish that were true, but he's not going away. He's staying in DC until his daughter finishes high school, and that will be a couple of years. Do you really think he will be silent all that time? (Dream on.) While he won't have any real power, there are millions out there who dote on his every word and he does have influence (unfortunately).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I think in his case mental illness was a much bigger factor.
Remember, Son of Sam claimed his dog told him to do it.
Doesn't mean people like that aren't dangerous, just that I'm not willing to give ISIS credit.

Think about this some more.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
We all know that any defacto "aloha snack-bar" moments are really workplace violence. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I think in his case mental illness was a much bigger factor....

I am not sure mental illness and Islamic terrorism are mutually exclusive.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Gitmo sounds good for this one if a needle isn't possible.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...for-release-n2293609

An Orlando judge has overruled the arranged release of Noor Salman, the wife of the Islamic gunman who killed 49 and injured 69 at the Pulse nightclub last year.

On Wednesday, a district judge in California ordered that Salman be released pending trial. Judge Donna Ryu argued that Salman wasn't a flight risk or a danger to public safety and had no connections to ISIS.

Prosecutors in Orlando argued the contrary. In the court filing, they said Salman has shown little remorse for her husband's actions, calling her a “cold person” who wasn't worried about the victims in the immediate aftermath of the attack, but was mainly concerned with “how she would gain access to her husband’s bank accounts.”

She also owns a vacant apartment in Palestine.

Salman admittedly knew about the planned attack and failed to report the information to authorities according to NBC News:

Noor told the FBI she was with him when he bought ammunition and a holster, several officials familiar with the case said. She told the FBI that she once drove him to the gay nightclub, Pulse, because he wanted to scope it out.

And prior to carrying out the attack, the husband bought nearly $9,000 worth of jewelry at a nearby store in Orlando, according to ABC News.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
She also owns a vacant apartment in Palestine.
I'll bet it's a cesspool.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think you'd shocked to read a list of 'lone wolf' terrorist attacks that happened during El Presidente O'Bama's admin. The list is long and discouraging. He left us vulnerable for the sake of Leftist ideology and PC. But we all knew that even as he denied it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I think you'd shocked to read a list of 'lone wolf' terrorist attacks that happened during El Presidente O'Bama's admin. The list is long and discouraging. He left us vulnerable for the sake of Leftist ideology and PC. But we all knew that even as he denied it.

And every 'lone wolf' had a computer filled with Barney and TelliTubby vidoes. Oh, wait, they were ISIS/Al Qaeda/Jihadist Radical Islam videos. But then again, the ex-Prseident believes Islamic State, wanting a Islamic Caliphate based on strict Sharia law, founded by a guy with a PHD in Islamic theology, isn't religious based. I can see where western liberal koolaid drinkers would be confused.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Radical Islamist Terrorism!

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 387 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post