SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Month-old border collie pups see first sheep
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Month-old border collie pups see first sheep Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Cute!

https://youtu.be/ZFZkBiQu31w

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My GSD heard the pups whining and came over to my chair. She started doing the side-to-side head cock that dogs do when they’re trying to figure out what they’re hearing. That was just as fun as the video. Thanks

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
It's amazing to watch breeding and instinct kick in.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's amazing to see.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cute little guys.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHO doesn't like puppies???

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son's Aussy Shepherd is definitely hard wired to heard... heard anything. When I take her to the park she'll run around the playground trying to keep the kids all together. She'll run circles around groups of people just standing around and attempts to keep them all in a group. She's been that way from the time she was a pup. Fun to watch most of the time, embarrassing some of the time. She's also very protective of her immediate family.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I just ran down to my neighbors on the snow mobile....My Border Collie ran behind me for the 1.5 miles . But wanted to ride on the machine for the way home. They ARE smart!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Love those herders...

This one herds everything from kids to soccer balls.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well if a pig can herd sheep, why not a dog?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
We went to see a Border Collie pup that we were considering purchasing. The breeder was one of the co-founders of the National CattleDog Association. He showed us 3 pups. He set the 8 week old male down in a corral with a dozen sheep. The pup immediately started herding the sheep.
We immediately bought the pup.
He now herds cattle wonderfully and also does our taxes.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post