SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charles Krauthammer: Recovery from surgery 'progressing steadily slower than I would like, but steadily'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Krauthammer: Recovery from surgery 'progressing steadily slower than I would like, but steadily' Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer said in a statement read on Fox News on Tuesday that he is still recovering from surgery and that his progress is moving "steadily slower" than he would like.

Still, he expressed optimism about an eventual return to TV.

"Special Report" anchor Bret Baier shared the brief update on Krauthammer on his evening show, where Krauthammer has long been a panelist. Baier, who said he constantly keeps in contact with Krauthammer, said that of all the questions he gets from viewers on social media, Krauthammer's status tops the list.

"Things are progressing steadily slower than I would like, but steadily," Krauthammer message said. "Still I wish I could give you — and myself — a better idea of when this marathon ends. I am sure it is strange for your viewers that a regular panelist should disappear for months without warning and without any real explanation."

"After my surgery, there were serious complications that took several months to stabilize," the message continued. "My improvement has finally allowed me to concentrate on intensive rehabilitation to recover my strength and stamina. This too is progressing well but as usual is intense and slow. Nonetheless, I am determined to make it back. I've got to — I can't let you guys have all the fun."

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Hope he recovers soon. Wise fella

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I was wondering where he'd gone. Hope he's back soon.

I don't always agree with him (or anyone else, for that matter) but he's got a good head on his shoulders and he's generally thought-provoking.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I wish him well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like him but like others have said I don't always agree with his views.

Even though I do not always agree with his views, unlike numerous others he is very articulate and explains out why he has that view point/belief, and presents data to support his view.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He has his head up his ass when it comes to President Trump. I don't pay him any attention these days. I didn't even notice he was absent.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He has his head up his ass when it comes to President Trump. I don't pay him any attention these days. I didn't even notice he was absent.

Glad you said it! This guy is a RINO conservative, anti-Trumper, all the way! He his highly intelligent, but no conservative.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yup, him, and the George Will, and the Thomas Sowell. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he is a charter member of the Trump derangement Syndrome crowd - he should just fade away

I enjoyed his book and used to enjoy his commentary but someone flipped his stupid switch and now he's just unintelligent babble

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
he is a charter member of the Trump derangement Syndrome crowd - he should just fade away

I enjoyed his book and used to enjoy his commentary but someone flipped his stupid switch and now he's just unintelligent babble

Do I get this right, that you claim because he disagrees with you on some issue or another, somebody flipped his “stupid switch?”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
no - when he went off the deep end about Trump I lost all interest in his 'commentary and insightfulness'

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post