SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American Heritage Girls - Bringing GOD back to scouting... :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Heritage Girls - Bringing GOD back to scouting... :) Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
So, with all the controversy with the scouts and how they "must" let certain people in now...

We were looking for something for my girlfriends 9 year old to get involved with. We decided against "The Girl Scouts" based on news reports of the organization being impacted by liberal views.

So, I happened across the American Heritage Girls organization via a google search.

Yesterday was the first meeting, and I just about cried...

They said the pledge of Allegiance, the REAL pledge, "One nation under GOD". WOW!

Then they recited their oath.

AHG Oath

I promise to love God,
cherish my family,
honor my country,
and serve in my community.

We couldn't be happier with our choice!

They meet in a Catholic church, and while we're protestant, they welcomed us with open arms.

Good to see some things are not lost.

Hopefully, with an association to churches (Catholic or other), they won't be liberalized.

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the girl version of Trail Life (whose membership is surging since BSA decided to accept tranny kids).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
There is a group where I live. They are always at Memorial Day and Veterans Day services in our national cemetery, along with the organization for the boys.

About a week ago, they were having a fund raiser for our conservative state representative.

There is hope for the future.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I just driving past the Boy Scouts of America building here yesterday and was thinking how political correctness by the liberals have completely decimated it. Frown

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Scouts don't say the Pledge of Allegiance? News to me (father of 2 cub scouts, a Lion and a Tiger).

Happy to hear you found a group that works for you!

The issues that are described probably have more to do with the location in which you live. We live in a rural/mountain community and I don't have the same issues folks in a more urban area experience.

They also say the Pledge every morning at our local public school.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Troop 787 still does the Pledge. Both summer camps I have attended with my son (I am an assistant scoutmaster) have recited the Pledge.

(I have not noticed any unusual boys.)
(Maybe that's the point.)

The other ASMs I have met at our troop meetings are like I imagine most of "us" are here on SF.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Our oldest daughter is in AHG. And my wife is a leader.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My wife leads a troop of GS Juniors. We pray AND recite the pledge of allegiance.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Sounds like the girl version of Trail Life (whose membership is surging since BSA decided to accept tranny kids).

-Rob

Trail Life vs. SheMale Life. SMH

This was the Scout oath when I was a Scout:

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

I guess they can't say that anymore. Not with a straight face anyway.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
There are only so many lawsuits an organization can stand. I am sure this played no small part in the decision (my opinion only).

That said, Pack 7, and specifically, Den 10 recite the Oath, Laws, and Pledge of Allegiance at each meeting.

The newer cadre of leadership is a bit more pre-90s lawsuit-era Scout Leader for sure.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post